This is how Mark Rosenthal Sells Ins.

I have been advertising free living will kits mailing out business reply card mailers. I have just finished up with my first test mailings and have over 5% response rate offering free living will kits. I take the leads and show up at the door with the will kits in hand. I ask them if it would be alright for me to go over the will kit with them, make friends with them and then start talking about insurance. I must say that this is by far the best marketing approach I've ever used generating sales and referrals.

I give living wills to my clients, but I never use them as a reason to see me or set an appointment. It is simply a service, but one they will remember. I bring it up as I am talking about all the other estate planning issues. I am a notary so I nortarize them and help them fill them out. I use a simple 1 page front and back health care directive and HCPOA that the local hospital also uses.

I don't like using them as a way to set an appt. or presenting them as anything special. It is a favor I do for appts, and one of many I hope they remember when they tell friends about me.

I know mark personally as well as his father. They are honest people and will help you anyway they can.They are great recruiters because of the products they offer and their willingness to share good information.

We live in a "me too" world. Everyone is desperate for their piece of the pie, but you know... there are different ways to slice a pie. You can stand over the pie and hoard it and protect it with your life... or you can cast your pie on the water, knowing it will come back to you.

If more of us would learn from Mark and genuinely put other's interest ahead of our own, I believe people would follow us and buy from us in droves.

Does it really matter Rob who offers higher commissions, daily pay, or prizes? If you want my opinion (which I'm quite sure you don't), I think agents (people!) are sick of gimmicks and get whatever quick. Agents today are looking for someone to follow who really cares about them. Some folks (like our current pres elect) are really good at convincing people that this is true.

For others, like Mark, it is a proven lifestyle, manifested in their generous spirit and substance that stands the test of time.

Thank you Mark for imparting this wisdom. May your tribe increase.

And for you cynical fools whose first reaction to everyone and everything is unfettered mockery... no, I am not contracted with Mark to sell anything (although that will change in the hours and days to come).

Tony Jackson

May your tribe increase

Sounds like some of that spam email I get.

Seriously, it is good to share ideas and Mark opened up in a way that was meaningful to him and (I am certain) the folks he meets as well. Life insurance isn't my bag, but that does not mean I cannot appreciate a good marketing tool.

Keep sharing.

Hi Tony,
I'm not sure why you even addressed me in this post. Maybe you're reading into it differently than it was implied, even Mark said to me "thanks for the plug," so whatever you're assuming, is just that, an assumption.

And of course it matters who offers higher pay as well as additional benefits!! All too often agents are getting screwed making others rich!!

I think it sounds like a good opportunity with an experienced, successful advisor, and that has tremendous value (thus the plug). I was screwed over at not one but two agencies and I know many others who had horrible experiences also. This is refreshing. Many, many agents ask my advice on finding a home and I rarely recommend anyone based on bad experiences, either my own or repeated complaints that lead to one common denominator, it's the agency, not the agent!

Lighten up Francis!

:no:

We live in a "me too" world. Everyone is desperate for their piece of the pie, but you know... there are different ways to slice a pie. You can stand over the pie and hoard it and protect it with your life... or you can cast your pie on the water, knowing it will come back to you.

If more of us would learn from Mark and genuinely put other's interest ahead of our own, I believe people would follow us and buy from us in droves.

Does it really matter Rob who offers higher commissions, daily pay, or prizes? If you want my opinion (which I'm quite sure you don't), I think agents (people!) are sick of gimmicks and get whatever quick. Agents today are looking for someone to follow who really cares about them. Some folks (like our current pres elect) are really good at convincing people that this is true.

For others, like Mark, it is a proven lifestyle, manifested in their generous spirit and substance that stands the test of time.

Thank you Mark for imparting this wisdom. May your tribe increase.

And for you cynical fools whose first reaction to everyone and everything is unfettered mockery... no, I am not contracted with Mark to sell anything (although that will change in the hours and days to come).

Tony Jackson

I've had a lot of people ask me where do I advertise the free living wills. The answer is everywhere. Put it on your business cards, on your car magnets, on your website, and hell where a big button with the picture of Terry Schiavo face on it. Someone is going to ask you about the button and you will be ready to talk about what happend with her, and starting talking about a living will. Everyone still has her image of her face in their minds.

Hi Tony,
I'm not sure why you even addressed me in this post. Maybe you're reading into it differently than it was implied, even Mark said to me "thanks for the plug," so whatever you're assuming, is just that, an assumption.

And of course it matters who offers higher pay as well as additional benefits!! All too often agents are getting screwed making others rich!!

I think it sounds like a good opportunity with an experienced, successful advisor, and that has tremendous value (thus the plug). I was screwed over at not one but two agencies and I know many others who had horrible experiences also. This is refreshing. Many, many agents ask my advice on finding a home and I rarely recommend anyone based on bad experiences, either my own or repeated complaints that lead to one common denominator, it's the agency, not the agent!

Lighten up Francis!

:no:

My public apologies to you Rob. I completely misread your post. The funny thing is... you were plugging Mark, when I thought you were promoting yourself. Herein lies one of the downsides to technology... we often write before we think. Again, I am sorry.

Also, I did not intend to imply that "higher commissions, etc." don't matter at all, but rather that they are not the most important factor in choosing a mentor. You are exactly right about "agents getting screwed to make others rich." Many FMOs and Agencies certainly adopt the burn through the greenies mentality and it is rather sad. However, as I intended, bells and whistles by themselves are not enough. Without the substance behind them (responsible, ethical leaders, who really do care about thier agent's success), all of the perks are worthless. 110% of no sales is still zero.

Tony

Hey Tony,
thanks so much for the post, sometimes it's tough to read into the emotion of an email,text, etc. Sometimes it's harder to express yourself correctly and that can lead to issues.

Thanks again, no worries!

My public apologies to you Rob. I completely misread your post. The funny thing is... you were plugging Mark, when I thought you were promoting yourself. Herein lies one of the downsides to technology... we often write before we think. Again, I am sorry.

Also, I did not intend to imply that "higher commissions, etc." don't matter at all, but rather that they are not the most important factor in choosing a mentor. You are exactly right about "agents getting screwed to make others rich." Many FMOs and Agencies certainly adopt the burn through the greenies mentality and it is rather sad. However, as I intended, bells and whistles by themselves are not enough. Without the substance behind them (responsible, ethical leaders, who really do care about thier agent's success), all of the perks are worthless. 110% of no sales is still zero.

Tony

Back