Joining New York Life. Need Some Advice.

How I went from believing in primerica's teachings to what NYL teaches? My own personal research coupled with business practices I didn't agree with.

I interviewed with NYL back in 2008. I don't know how I got talked into going with NAA instead, but we all do stupid things sometimes. NYL is a great company! That "University of NYL" training or whatever it's called seemed really amazing.... I went through the entire interview process (4 interviews), was hired, then decided to go with NAA.... that lasted about a month!

How I went from believing in primerica's teachings to what NYL teaches? My own personal research coupled with business practices I didn't agree with.

Just want to make sure you don't think the key to long term success at NYL is selling term and mutual funds. :)

You are going from one of the bottom feeders in Primerica, to the tip of the top in NYL. In my opinion. I think you should have done a little time with a middle of the road company like Mutual of Omaha or AGLA first. Then if you are not happy- take the jump to NYL. Just my opinion. Take a baby step up -rather than the big leap.

VolAgent your one person whos posts I like reading. Your blunt from what I can tell.
And no I don't think thats the key to longterm success :p
I like the theory of btid but its a 'one size fits all' type of thing that isn't suitable for everyone.

HomeService, I hope this doesn't overwhelm me then ;)

VolAgent your one person whos posts I like reading. Your blunt from what I can tell.
I like the theory of btid but its a 'one size fits all' type of thing that isn't suitable for everyone.

I try to be.

One other thing, don't listen to that jazz that NYL is the end all be all.

The quality of your manager there is important to your success. The best thing NYL has going for it is in-house LUTFC training.

Also, wander over to topgunproducers. There is some excellent advice over there. Just be prepared to be called out for any and all stupid comments.

I don't think it will overwhelm you at all. It's just that I kind of consider it the pinnacle, if you have ambition and want to go for it, do it!! What the heck, go for it. It's not for everyone, and I know it's not for me, but maybe it's for you, so go for it. Report back and see how it works out for you.

Even though I'm fully licensed, Life and Health and now P&C, I personally had a screwed up interview with them, because I was working part time as a driver, a delivery driver. They told me they don't hire truck drivers, and told me to take a hike!! Then they called me later and chewed me out for wasting their time, then they chewed out the headhunter recruiting agency that got me the interview, then that agency called me and chewed me out for costing them a commission and for making them look bad, all because I had the audacity to try and work as a driver and feed my family.

So I consider them to be kind of the pinnacle of what you can achieve if you work hard at insurance, make something of yourself, and then make something of that career. I was just not able to see eye to eye with them, because
I had built up myself with another career , and let my insurance thing sit on the backburner, that's all.

Back