Need Your Advice on Growing my Agency...

Insurance_Dude

Hello,

I have been a captive insurance agent for a little over 2 years. I'm in the process of hiring producers in my office. Their main focus is going to be writing P&C Business.

Since day one my agency has relied on Internet Leads. They have become very expensive and the quality has gone down hill. I'm looking to get out of the internet lead game.

Since I'm looking to hire 2 new producers (Part-Time 25-30Hrs /week), i'm worried where my leads will come from.

My first thought is cold calling lists, but I'm wondering if i should look at any other avenues.

Do you have any suggestions that can help this eager novice agent?

Thanks!

Hello,

I have been a captive insurance agent for a little over 2 years. I'm in the process of hiring producers in my office. Their main focus is going to be writing P&C Business.

Since day one my agency has relied on Internet Leads. They have become very expensive and the quality has gone down hill. I'm looking to get out of the internet lead game.

Since I'm looking to hire 2 new producers (Part-Time 25-30Hrs /week), i'm worried where my leads will come from.

My first thought is cold calling lists, but I'm wondering if i should look at any other avenues.

Do you have any suggestions that can help this eager novice agent?

Thanks!

How about sandwich boards? :err:

https://www.google.com/search?q=wea...ved=0ahUKEwi8-O6zkarRAhWC6CYKHfciC48Q_AUIBygC

thomasm on the Forum goes door to door to get leads for a State Farm agent. I think he said he gets 2 quality leads an hour.:yes:

You seem to be putting the cart before the horse. You want to hire producers, and it sounds like hourly or salary, but you have no plan for how they will market.

Why are you hiring an employee that you have no idea what they will be doing?

my 2 cents...

pay commission only as high as you can realistically afford (can you flow through the entire first year commission of 15% -if that's what your company pays?) and let them weed out themselves.

I currently manage a large captive agency and we have had great success doing this. First of all- if they want to earn $60k per year, they need to hit $400,000 in production. Second of all- if they fizzle it costs us very little.

We haven't had to fire anyone unless it's an ethical issue. But no production issues here.

The down side- only about 2 out of 6 hires make it. BUT with this method we've brought on a team of 7 good sales people.

If you are going to share costs on leads for them, you'll need to figure that into your costs... But encourage them to hire their own telemarketers (or 2 producers share a telemarketer). Have them go out and solicit referrals... Get them moving and talking to people.

Back