New Agent Considering Allstate or Farmers - Page 2

Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Getting Started Selling Insurance

Reply to New Agent Considering Allstate or Farmers     
Old 11-08-2011, 01:12 PM   #11

State: jmancuso is an Insurance Agent from Texas
New Agent Considering Allstate or Farmers Re: New Agent Considering Allstate or Farmers
The main question I have is, are you planning on opening an office with either of them? Or, are you just looking for training? To open an office with Allstate will take a hefty financial commitment -I believe around $50K - to get an office open. Farmers is just the opposite. It seems to me that would be the biggest concern. Especially if ya don't have an extra $50K sitting around.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to New Agent Considering Allstate or Farmers
Old 11-09-2011, 01:17 AM   #12

State: no prospects is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
New Agent Considering Allstate or Farmers Re: New Agent Considering Allstate or Farmers no prospects is the thread starter for: New Agent Considering Allstate or Farmers

Originally Posted by jmancuso View Post
The main question I have is, are you planning on opening an office with either of them? Or, are you just looking for training? To open an office with Allstate will take a hefty financial commitment -I believe around $50K - to get an office open. Farmers is just the opposite. It seems to me that would be the biggest concern. Especially if ya don't have an extra $50K sitting around.
Yeah...for the training. I eventually want to go the independent route.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:27 AM   #13
Guru

State: Bob Klee is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Bob Klee Send a message via MSN to Bob Klee Send a message via Yahoo to Bob Klee Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Klee
New Agent Considering Allstate or Farmers Re: New Agent Considering Allstate or Farmers
Originally Posted by no prospects View Post
Yeah...for the training. I eventually want to go the independent route.
I've done both, but a long time ago for Farmers. But process has not changed from my contacts at Farmers.

1 Farmers agency, 2 Allstate agencies. I'd take Allstate personally. $50k to start an Allstate agency? what part of the country is that in?

Either way, I'd contact Farmers/Allstate agents in your area & see who the Good Agency manger is. He/she can make your life a lot easier if they are one of the good ones. If not, you will be miserable IMO.

If you'd like more info, give me a call or send an email. Personally if I'm a newbie, I'll take the captive route to start vs IA for a P&C Agency.

Others may vary but I've done it 3 times in 3 different states.

Bob Klee, LUTCF
President
Agents.HometownQuotes.com
bob@hometownquotes.com
615.599.5506 x 113
Old 11-09-2011, 07:11 PM   #14

State: jmancuso is an Insurance Agent from Texas
That IS the Allstate requirement for the Texas market. Before I started down the road to independent status I called Farmers, Allstate , State Farm and Nationwide recruiting staff and got all the dirt.

Register Now for FREE!
To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please complete the form.

Username:
    Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   In which state is Miami Beach ? I agree to forum rules 

Old 11-09-2011, 07:35 PM   #15
Guru
Sales71 on New Agent Considering Allstate or Farmers - Insurance Forum

State: Sales71 is an Insurance Agent from Arizona
Sales71 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Bob Klee it's been a while since you left the company. That is what they are looking for 50k liquid money. Most new agents will spend that money in the first two years on marketing to get new business in the door.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:52 PM   #16

State: chicagorep is an Insurance Agent from Illinois
So for all of us that are new and considering Allstate, Farmers, State Farm, Nationwide, etc.... At the end of the day... which is the best company P & C company to go work for?... A) with the plan to stay captive
B) with the plan to go Indy
Old 11-23-2011, 04:49 PM   #17

State: Guest is an Insurance Agent from
Originally Posted by chicagorep View Post
So for all of us that are new and considering Allstate, Farmers, State Farm, Nationwide, etc.... At the end of the day... which is the best company P & C company to go work for?... A) with the plan to stay captive

How about.........NONE of the above, go start working in an IA agency, find a somewhat older principal, and maybe you can buy it out in a couple years
Old 11-23-2011, 08:09 PM   #18
Guru
xrac on New Agent Considering Allstate or Farmers - Insurance Forum

State: xrac is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
xrac is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by chicagorep View Post
How about Nationwide, Country Companies, Shelter, etc.? I really don't know much about these. I just no to Farmers, no to Allstate, and no to SF.

X
Reply to New Agent Considering Allstate or Farmers 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Getting Started Selling Insurance