To Securus or Not to Securus? That is the Question.

GAInsuranceGal

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Georgia
Hi all.

First I want to thank all of you! This is a great site and I am thankful that it is here.

In a nutshell, I am a 3 month old life insurance newbie. And unfortunately I believed the kool aid and started with NAA. Thankfully I now see the light and see that this is not the best option for me because of all of the expenses that are incurred. And the higher the chain of commands you move up with NAA, the higher the expenses. (Ex. downline lead bill expenses, Presidents' Club requirements, membership to All Access requirements, etc.)

Fortunately, I have found a great IMO here in Atlanta and he is (in my opinion and other insurance agents) highly respected and knows a lot about marketing and this crazy life insurance business. However I am unsure that I can build a team under him, which is my goal later down the line.

I also have been approached by Securus. I like the fact that I have access to leads and a protected territory, but I am apprehensive about how will it be 1 year from now. They are recruiting a lot of people and I am worried that eventually I will be in the same predicament as I am now with NAA. There are quite a few people that were agents and agency managers with NAA that are now with Securus. ALso if I want out, how easy will it be to leave.

I believe that no matter where a person goes, if they have the right work ethic within themselves, they will succeed. My goal in 5 years is to sell insurance, but I would like to also have a team. Not a big team, but a team of about 5-10 winners that I can help grow in insurance. I can probably get a team with Securus, but not sure if I can get that with a the other IMO.

What do you guys think? :1confused:

Hi all.

First I want to thank all of you! This is a great site and I am thankful that it is here.

In a nutshell, I am a 3 month old life insurance newbie. And unfortunately I believed the kool aid and started with NAA. Thankfully I now see the light and see that this is not the best option for me because of all of the expenses that are incurred. And the higher the chain of commands you move up with NAA, the higher the expenses. (Ex. downline lead bill expenses, Presidents' Club requirements, membership to All Access requirements, etc.)

Fortunately, I have found a great IMO here in Atlanta and he is (in my opinion and other insurance agents) highly respected and knows a lot about marketing and this crazy life insurance business. However I am unsure that I can build a team under him, which is my goal later down the line.

I also have been approached by Securus. I like the fact that I have access to leads and a protected territory, but I am apprehensive about how will it be 1 year from now. They are recruiting a lot of people and I am worried that eventually I will be in the same predicament as I am now with NAA. There are quite a few people that were agents and agency managers with NAA that are now with Securus. ALso if I want out, how easy will it be to leave.

I believe that no matter where a person goes, if they have the right work ethic within themselves, they will succeed. My goal in 5 years is to sell insurance, but I would like to also have a team. Not a big team, but a team of about 5-10 winners that I can help grow in insurance. I can probably get a team with Securus, but not sure if I can get that with a the other IMO.

What do you guys think? :1confused:

Securus will ABSOLUTELY not release you. They have a 1-year deal with Monumental where you can NOT sell anything for 1-year before you can get a new contract.

Make real certain that you like what they offer before you jump in with them.

You can build a team anywhere you go. Make sure you go to a place that gives you enough commission to work with though AND renewals. Don't believe any BS about FE not paying much renewals. That's a sucker's gimmick to let your upline skim all the cream off your sales. Renewals can pay as much or more than 1st year pays.

Securus is a joke. Id work at goodwill before contracting with those crooks. And you don't even want to know what ol larry DICKstein does in the executive boardroom after hours.

Securus is a joke. Id work at goodwill before contracting with those crooks. And you don't even want to know what ol larry DICKstein does in the executive boardroom after hours.

How do you know what he does after hours in the boardroom? Were you there with him?:D

They should give you free, pre qualified leads with voided checks waiting when you show up for 65 percent

They were offering me 70% before I got smart and found this forum..hmm...or the other way around. Then I figured.... 70 - 30 (taxes) leaves me 40 (I'm good, huh?). That was as bad as Amerilife. If you deal direct at 115% that's a 45% spread. I like a good spread as much as any guy but that's ridiculous. :nah:

That's too bad about Securus -- they've certainly garnered a shitty reputation as the contract whores.

It's tough to suggest which route to go without more information on your local gig.

I can forward you to a Securus manager where you could start at 90%, maybe 95% if you have experience. You'll also pay $21 per lead (decent leads).

What type of products and training does the local group provide you?

It's tough to suggest which route to go without more information on your local gig.

I can forward you to a Securus manager where you could start at 90%, maybe 95% if you have experience. You'll also pay $21 per lead (decent leads).

What type of products and training does the local group provide you?

The local IMO is offering me 100% with renewals of 4-5% for years 2-10 (whole life products only).

I can create my own mail campaign ($340 per 1,000 mailings with an estimated .5-1.5% response rate) and he offers ways to reach outside of the 1-1.5% of the people who usually fill out forms. :)

Back