Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Insurance and Ancillary Benefits

Reply to Christian Ministries or Medical Discount Plan?     
Old 08-25-2017, 08:57 AM   #1
Super Genius

State: johndf is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Christian Ministries or Medical Discount Plan? Christian Ministries or Medical Discount Plan?
I am curious, if you had nothing else to sell and you had to pick one of these two options to sell which would it be? I am sure the standard answer is going to be neither since we are dealing with high liability on 2 non-insurance products. However, in your opinion what are the pros and cons to each?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Christian Ministries or Medical Discount Plan?
Old 08-25-2017, 09:47 AM   #2
Guru
somarco on Christian Ministries or Medical Discount Plan?

State: somarco is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
somarco is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Christian Ministries or Medical Discount Plan? Re: Christian Ministries or Medical Discount Plan?
If those were my only choices, I would look for a different market. Individual health insurance is dead.

Maybe you didn't get the memo.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:34 AM   #3
Guru
Dave020 on Christian Ministries or Medical Discount Plan?

State: Dave020 is an Insurance Agent from California
Dave020 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Christian Ministries or Medical Discount Plan? Re: Christian Ministries or Medical Discount Plan?
Will You Offer Health Ministry Plans in 2018?

Old 08-25-2017, 11:16 AM   #4
Expert

State: aikenhealth is an Insurance Agent from
I don't know about medical discount plans but I do know many of the serious limited-benefit /defined benefit plans not only gives policyholders a very large PPO discount up front but I have plans in my portfolio that pay from $4,5000 to $6,000 every single day they in the hospital - offers many outpatient benefits including surgery and their premiums are a fraction of Obamacare non-subsidized. Even some negotiated down out of pockets going to be a hell of a lot less than the mass of monthly premiums and outrageous deductibles of non-subsidized Obamacare- Ministry plans are very specific that they are not Insurance it is an execution of Faith they are not approved by any state department of insurance and E &O will do nothing for you with them but there's some great defined-benefit plans out there if you teach the clients how to use it -
exactly what it is and understand that they are fully underwritten
Old 08-25-2017, 11:58 AM   #5
Guru

State: scagnt83 is an Insurance Agent from South Carolina
scagnt83 is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Im guessing licensed insurance products are not an option for the OP. No sane person would try to make a living from either of those "products".

Id go sell pre-paid legal and Obamaphones before selling either of those.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:27 PM   #6
Guru

Great and defined benefit plans are mutually exclusive terms.

Discounts are not binding when using a secondary network such as Multiplans. Providers are under no obligation to accept the discounted reimbursement as paid in full.

Also, there are no OOP limits for the policyholder. Many of these "great" plans do not cover Rx.

The doctor is in. Five cents please.
Georgia Medicare Plans
GA Medicare Supplement Rates
(404) 252-5859
Old 08-25-2017, 01:21 PM   #7
Guru
kgmom219 on Christian Ministries or Medical Discount Plan?

State: kgmom219 is an Insurance Agent from Texas
kgmom219 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Originally Posted by somarco View Post
Great and defined benefit plans are mutually exclusive terms.

Discounts are not binding when using a secondary network such as Multiplans. Providers are under no obligation to accept the discounted reimbursement as paid in full.

Also, there are no OOP limits for the policyholder. Many of these "great" plans do not cover Rx.
Damnit Bob.

Stop reading the fine print and using logic/common sense.

Good things don't come to those who wait. They come to those who work their butts off and never give up.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:36 PM   #8
Guru

Can't help it. I am a nerd at heart.
Old 08-25-2017, 02:23 PM   #9
Expert

State: aikenhealth is an Insurance Agent from
I called a Multiplan network Dr who was not going to honor the discount and then I called MultiPlan and was told in no uncertain terms they are legally obligated to honor the discount if they were listed in the "active members" of the PPO before the claim is submitted to the carrier - so it was resolved - nothing is perfect - if you add as many potential "hole plugs" you can with CI - Cancer - excess Accident then you have a plan that WILL help offset average unexpected medical claims - yes they all only have Rx discount cards for generic drugs but ACA Rx has big deductibles to meet out of pocket before they pick up a % of a expensive Rx - there are tons of planetdrugsdirect type links all over the place. Something is better than nothing - with the ACA plans all going up 20% - 30% - 40% and more - many people in the US will not be able to afford what they now have and will then have NOTHING - then you really have no OOP limits
Old 08-25-2017, 05:44 PM   #10
Guru

I called a Multiplan network Dr
Well that settles it.

Call one doc, one one claim, obviously they have fixed the problem.

Thanks for pointing that out.

How is your E&O working on this crap you are peddling?

Oh, I know. You haven't had to test it yet. Obviously that is fixed too.
Reply to Christian Ministries or Medical Discount Plan? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Insurance and Ancillary Benefits