Norvax...On-Exchange Quoting

TxOnline

Guru
100+ Post Club
Here's an email I received today from Norvax:

Better serve your clients this open enrollment period and beyond by providing a comprehensive online marketplace to shop for both on and off-exchange health plans!

But how will this affect your quoting?

You’ll keep all of your current quoting functionality, only now you’ll have the added bonus of both client-facing and back-end on-exchange quoting, so your prospects can easily shop, filter and compare both on and off-exchange health plans!

For a chance to pre-enroll in our comprehensive quoting platform, including both on and off-exchange quoting, fill out the form and we’ll contact you shortly!

*Product, pricing and availability subject to pending and non-pending regulatory changes

Here's an older thread that contains info on Norvax and a couple of its competitors.
http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/insurance-websites/quotit-vs-norvax-costs-t29187.html

Looks like you can "negotiate" (i.e. ASK FOR) lower monthly fees and even a waiving of the setup fee. If Norvax still has lower-priced competitors in this new Exchange environment AND if they still want agents to subscribe badly enough, the company may accommodate your request.

They will have plenty of takers, and they only have 2 programmers dedicated to make these upgrades. For the first time in years, they have a new product, with pricing power, and leverage, and doubt they will negotiate......... but maybe in June 2014. At least I wouldn't if I were them. What are you going to say......."no"?
You need them more than they need you.

The biq question is whether they will consider dropping the $199 to $149 for loyal customers. Charles believes he paid $149 instead of $199. In fairness, he is checking on this.

If that is correct, that's a nice reduction for experienced and loyal customers of Norvax.

I have negotiated with them in the past and they have been fair. And why not? I sent them plenty of business.

Last edited:
Chumps, you could make up the $50 difference selling insurance in the time it takes you to negotiate.

You cost me $29 by the time I typed this out.

You owe me a beer

Norvax will never make this work. The smaller regional exchange companies popping up in my market will never integrate with Norvax. Years ago they couldnt get 5 companies quoted right...now 13 or so with integration with a federal tax credit calculator...ha ha ha..those two Norvax wizards have their hands full...call me a doubting Thomas but they can take somebody elses money and rip them off with shiatty software..Norvax will NOT make a good exchange quoting platform. Seriously be cautious about wasting your money.

Norvax will never make this work. The smaller regional exchange companies popping up in my market will never integrate with Norvax. Years ago they couldnt get 5 companies quoted right...now 13 or so with integration with a federal tax credit calculator...ha ha ha..those two Norvax wizards have their hands full...call me a doubting Thomas but they can take somebody elses money and rip them off with shiatty software..Norvax will NOT make a good exchange quoting platform. Seriously be cautious about wasting your money.

Thanks for that feedback HealthGuy. You've been in the business long enough to have first-hand experience with these guys. I wonder if they have a money-back guarantee...or for that matter, do any of them provide a refund if certain parameters can't be met within a specified timeframe? (ie. We will have all exchange carriers in your state within 30 days of October 1st, or your money back.) The set-up fees are the rip-off, considering that it's just a cookie-cutter setup for each state. It's akin to MEGA Life's $120 application fee, LOL.
-ac

Back