Obama To Trigger Nuke Option!

Obama is a deer in the headlights at this point. He painted himself into a corner here. Not pretty if he goes forward, not pretty if he doesnt.

Something is going to be crammed through, whatever it is. We can be certain it will include the standard bureaucratic bloat, waste, fraud, red tape and sloth, but there's no way yet of knowing how it will be received by the electorate.

To paraphrase "This Is Spinal Tap": "It's a thin line between genius and stupid."

I don't know which this is. Ask me after the 2012 elections.

MAC1958: I challenge you- give us proof that 'something' is going to be rammed through. I don't think its going to happen. No votes even with the nuke option. How can this happen?

MAC1958: I challenge you- give us proof that 'something' is going to be rammed through. I don't think its going to happen. No votes even with the nuke option. How can this happen?

I suppose I would try to "prove" it, if it were somehow important for me to do so. Unfortunately, it isn't. However, if it will help in some way, I'll rephrase:

It sure seems to me, based on what I'm seeing, reading and hearing, that Obama and the Democrats have determined that it would be politically worthwhile to cram something through, regardless of how watered-down it will be. I suspect they have made the political calculation that passing something will be better than passing nothing, and that their goal/dream is to "fix" it later with whatever bloat and waste they can't pass this time.

So, based purely on my personal opinion & observations, something will be crammed through. I, however, would not bet my life on it, nor the lives of my children or other loved ones, because I understand that very little in life is an absolute certainty.

I hope that clarifies.

Obamacare is dead.

Each week will bring another health reform proposal for decades to come. Some of it will be major, some it will be minor, some of it will pass and some of it won't. It is under federal jurisdiction now regardless of what passes this week/this year or not. Just as in Canada and the UK. States and the private sector can run whatever programs they want, unless the feds decide to to something else. That is a major shift in the landscape.

Health insurance the public utility.

Back