Selling IUL Agent

hdung91

I want to ask all the agent selling some product like life and annuity.

When you are selling a product such as IUL, or others.
Will they difference from company to company?
Do you have to read over the information of each product before you sell it to the client? Or you just know the basic of product such as IUL and apply it to all the company product.

I am asking because I am learning to sell some product such as IUL. I saw my trainer click click click and just do the same thing again with the same product to all people. However, My concern kept raising my question in my head because I dont know if I really have to know much about the product first before I sell it. How risk it gonna be if something happended?

I try to view the materials guildine is about 200 pages in total for only 1 product like IUL.

How much do you guy really know? or you just pull out from experiences.

If I am a client, I might hear your explaination such as:

IUL, is paying premium + cash value grow, option Rider...
Mores

So stress out right now.
Any suggesttion?

One of the things you will want to learn is how various types of life insurance policies work - IUL, UL, GUL, WL, etc.

And you need to learn how they work by classroom instruction and fiddling with illustration software with companies who are committed to those products. For example - just because a company offers a whole life product doesn't mean it's their "flagship" top-shelf product.

Once you learn the principles of policy design, then you figure out what you like and why. Then you use these criteria as a benchmark for comparing with other companies.

Most company products are "about" the same... but there will be some details that you will like about one company's products over another.

There may also be differences between various states, so just because someone really likes Midland National, doesn't mean that Midland is the best in all 50 states.

For the dedicated INDEPENDENT agent, there's lots of homework to do before selling your product.

Now, if you're a captive agent, you just need to get to work to learn YOUR company's products... LIKE it... and convince others that it is also the best.

Back