Calls, Calls, Calls...help!!!

How much would you pay for canvassed (D2D) home and auto leads that were 100% exclusive to you?

We tested D2D canvassing for leads today ( Life / Health ) and was an awesome success! If we were selling ours - they would be equivalent to DM leads - $30 a piece . . .

We tested D2D canvassing for leads today ( Life / Health ) and was an awesome success! If we were selling ours - they would be equivalent to DM leads - $30 a piece . . .

But what makes your "lead" a "lead," and not just a name on a paper?

But what makes your "lead" a "lead," and not just a name on a paper?

Prospect expressed an interest and answered a few qualifying questions. Must better than them checking a box and mailing a card in . . . Hopefully . . .

Prospect expressed an interest and answered a few qualifying questions. Must better than them checking a box and mailing a card in . . . Hopefully . . .

How did they express an interest? Did they explicitly agree to a callback from an insurance agent? The one strength of direct mail leads is that the person clearly expresses interest by virtue of physically filling out the card with name, address, birthday, spouses birth date and then physically walking it to the mailbox to send it on its merry way. So, in my opinion, a direct mail lead is a fairly strong lead, i.e. a name with a reason for the agent to call on that name.

The door to door survey is, in and of itself, not enough to generate the same quality lead. Answering a few questions does not make that name a lead, unless one of those questions is "Would you like an insurance agent to contact you with a free quote?" Even better, why not ask the person for an appointment right then and there, or schedule a sit for the next day?

In my opinion, the purpose of door to door prospecting (any prospecting, actually) is to make appointments for presentations.

How did they express an interest? Did they explicitly agree to a callback from an insurance agent? The one strength of direct mail leads is that the person clearly expresses interest by virtue of physically filling out the card with name, address, birthday, spouses birth date and then physically walking it to the mailbox to send it on its merry way. So, in my opinion, a direct mail lead is a fairly strong lead, i.e. a name with a reason for the agent to call on that name.

The door to door survey is, in and of itself, not enough to generate the same quality lead. Answering a few questions does not make that name a lead, unless one of those questions is "Would you like an insurance agent to contact you with a free quote?" Even better, why not ask the person for an appointment right then and there, or schedule a sit for the next day?

In my opinion, the purpose of door to door prospecting (any prospecting, actually) is to make appointments for presentations.

When I knock doors, I'm looking for an appointment right NOW. Sometimes they can't, but if they have an interest, they'll usually listen to you now. If you schedule an appointment for a another day, you're going to have no shows...just like you do with appointments that are set from every other type of lead.

My responses will be in red below . . .

How did they express an interest?

Questions are:

Do you presently have Life Insurance?

Would you like to receive current information on the new State Approved Life Insurance Plans in your area?

If they are of Medicare age - we ask: "Who handles your Medicare?" After their response - we say - " Medicare is so confusing. I can have someone give you a call to see if you qualify for the new State Approved Plans in your area?

Did they explicitly agree to a callback from an insurance agent?

That is one of the questions - see above . . .

Even better, why not ask the person for an appointment right then and there, or schedule a sit for the next day?

The survey team just collects data. Now - if the Surveyor was also a Licensed Agent - that would work . . .

Field Team has a targeted list to quickly and efficiently walk / ride. Agent should be able to create $600 AP off of 3 D2D leads.

----------

When I knock doors, I'm looking for an appointment right NOW. Sometimes they can't, but if they have an interest, they'll usually listen to you now. If you schedule an appointment for a another day, you're going to have no shows...just like you do with appointments that are set from every other type of lead.

Field Team can't set appointments - they don't know which agent will be working. Agent can work the lead like DM and set the appointment . . .

My responses will be in red below . . .

You should use blue more often, it's more manly.:yes:

----------

Field Team can't set appointments - they don't know which agent will be working. Agent can work the lead like DM and set the appointment . . .

You're always calling your downline your "Posse" in your posts, yet in your signature you call them your "Team". Make up your mind Tom...which is it?:err:

When I knock doors, I'm looking for an appointment right NOW.

I agree with everything you said. I do knock cold doors, and I am also trying to get from the front door to the kitchen table right then and there.

I do prefer, of course, that both spouses are there together. Do you do single sits? Or will you try to set an appointment for later that day or the next when you can meet with both husband and wife?

I agree with everything you said. I do knock cold doors, and I am also trying to get from the front door to the kitchen table right then and there.

I do prefer, of course, that both spouses are there together. Do you do single sits? Or will you try to set an appointment for later that day or the next when you can meet with both husband and wife?

No, like I said, they can't always see you now. No, I don't do one leggers. I learned not to early on. Every time I did one, when I came back to catch them both, the spouse I talked to told the other one their version of what I said and the one that wasn't there met me at the door and said not interested.:no:

You're always calling your downline your "Posse" in your posts, yet in your signature you call them your "Team". Make up your mind Tom...which is it?:err:

I use Posse when I'm feeling John Wayneish . . . Both words mean the same. Posse sounds sexier and more daring . . .

:biggrin:

Back