If You're Hiring A Telemarketer, You Need To Have Them On A Power Dialer

Josh

Guru
5000 Post Club
It's no surprise that most insurance agents don't want do their own telemarketing. Cold calling takes a bit of a different skill set then selling because of a difference in the nature of the interaction. One of the reasons why insurance agents do well is because they build a personal connection with the prospect and as such it can be difficult to absorb the rejection that comes with cold calling. By contrast, telemarketers are very brief with the prospects and it's easier for them to handle the rejection because they aren't trying to build a relationship that leads to a sale. All a telemarketer is doing is filtering out where the interest is.

If you're going to hire a telemarketer, you're going to want them to be on a power dialer such as SalesDialers.com ($99/month with promo code AML) or MojoSells.com ($149/month).

When you're hiring a telemarketer you're typically going to pay any qualified telemarketer some type of an hourly wage plus a bonus based on quality and/or production. One of the ways that a power dialer pays for itself is that it helps folks make twice as many calls in the same period for time. You wouldn't think you could hire someone in this country to telemarket for $5/hr, but if you consider that they're at least twice as efficient using a power dialer and you're paying them $10/hour, it is the equivalent of paying someone dialing by hand $5/hour or less.

Another reason you'll want to use a power dialer is for tracking and accountability. A power dialer will track how many calls are being made and when which will help keep the telemarketer honest. If you have someone dialing for you, how do you know if they're actually making the calls? By using a dialer you can login and track everything that's going on. Part of what makes this helpful, not just from a perspective of tracking time efficiently so you're not paying for time they didn't work, is from a training and coaching perspective. Be sure to tell them in advance if you plan on recording their calls, but with SalesDialers.com you can record for free and with MojoSells.com it's only $25/month extra. By pulling the recordings you can get a much better idea of how people are responding to the script and get a better idea of how to coach your telemarketer to improve their performance.

How do you handle the legality of recording the phone call?

A few ways. Many states are one party consent so the only thing you need to do is tell your telemarketer they'll be recorded.

Even outside of the one part consent, because it's how you're running your business many (but not all) courts have held that you have the right to record the calls.

Usually the main reason why you need to worry about one party consent vs two party consent is to have it admissible in court. Fact of the matter is that if you're using it for your purposes, no reason the prospects would know. Always better to check if you're a one party consent state (in which case it's a slam dunk), but that's the long and the short of it all.

Josh, so you get this service, then you buy leads, then this thing dials for you. Is the whole process of uploading the leads into it, pretty easy?

Josh, so you get this service, then you buy leads, then this thing dials for you. Is the whole process of uploading the leads into it, pretty easy?

It is very simple. The whole process of loading the list into the dialer takes about 60 seconds, maybe 90 if you don't know what you're doing. You basically just upload the file, tell the dialer which columns are what (phone = phone number, fn = first name, etc) and then it's done. SalesDialers.com has webinars three times a day to walk people through getting started, most other companies are very good about it too.

SalesDialers.com has webinars three times a day to walk people through getting started, most other companies are very good about it too.
Isn't Gary Prado one of the principals of salesdialers.com? Don't think you were around then, but he's got a checkered reputation with this forum (some of the "oldtimers" probably remember). As I recall, he's was posting as someone else, got busted, and tried to deny it. Then he disappeared. Glad to hear he's OK...

Good points, Josh. But I like Callfire. $3/hr, no long-term commitment. Then again, when I cold call it's only for a couple weeks at a time. If I were to hire a telemarketer, I would definitely use a power dialer for speed and accountability (you can look at length between calls to see if they're goofing off). It's so easy to upload/download lists. This should be a no-brainer.

Good points, Josh. But I like Callfire. $3/hr, no long-term commitment. Then again, when I cold call it's only for a couple weeks at a time. If I were to hire a telemarketer, I would definitely use a power dialer for speed and accountability (you can look at length between calls to see if they're goofing off). It's so easy to upload/download lists. This should be a no-brainer.

No doubt. If you're dialing less than 10 hours a week and don't mind tying up a phone line (as I recall) then callfire is a great solution too. Again, less of a commitment, but any of them are good systems and a much better deal than having a telemarketer dial by hand.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Isn't Gary Prado one of the principals of salesdialers.com? Don't think you were around then, but he's got a checkered reputation with this forum (some of the "oldtimers" probably remember). As I recall, he's was posting as someone else, got busted, and tried to deny it. Then he disappeared. Glad to hear he's OK...

That was before my time. I'm not sure about what happened there, but I've been working with them for about a year now and they've done great by me and anyone I've sent over there. I was sending folks there way before I got signed up for the affiliate deal with them, but I don't think anyone offers a better service for less money. I think Gary owns the company.

Last edited:
Do these dialers have the ability to transfer a call to me.

Say, from Quezon City to Birmingham in a flash?

Back