Opening Statement Advice...

Thank you everyone! Got a little help on the script from Josh and his website and did some calling this week. It went well, as a matter of fact it actually felt a little refreshing. Looking forward to increasing the number of calls this coming week.

Thank you everyone! Got a little help on the script from Josh and his website and did some calling this week. It went well, as a matter of fact it actually felt a little refreshing. Looking forward to increasing the number of calls this coming week.

Thanks for the credit JP. It's also great to hear that you're looking forward to increasing the number of calls!

Last edited:
I would suggest you not start with, "Hi Betty, my name is Frank, how you doing today".

You are asking a question you don't know the answer to. Using only your first name and saying "how you doing today" throws up a huge red flag, in my opinion, that it is a telemarketing call.

I start by saying, "Hi Mrs. Smith, my name is Frank Stastny". At that point she doesn't have a clue who I am or why I'm calling. For all she knows I might be calling to tell her she just won Publishers Clearing House $10,000,000.

It doesn't flag it as a telemarketing call.

Some of my favorite calls are the ones where the person shouts "Not interested!" and hangs up as soon as I give them my name and/or the name of my firm.

I call these "Million Dollar Hang-Ups" because I COULD be calling to tell them they won the Publisher's Clearing House or that a long-lost aunt has died and made them the beneficiary of a large life insurance policy. Of course, I'm not, but they will never know!

Cold calling is the marketing process of approaching prospective customers or clients, typically via telephone, who were not expecting such an interaction. The word "cold" is used because the person receiving the call is not expecting a call or has not specifically asked to be contacted by a sales person.

Cold calling is the marketing process of approaching prospective customers or clients, typically via telephone, who were not expecting such an interaction. The word "cold" is used because the person receiving the call is not expecting a call or has not specifically asked to be contacted by a sales person.

Gee; thanks for clearing that up.

You only have a few seconds to capture their attention. I start out like this and it works almost every time, "This is Aimee with Farmers Insurance and I am just calling you VERY quickly today because I saw you were looking for a quote on your 2005 Cadillac. I have a rate of $50 a month for you." Easy breezy...you find out pretty fast if they're interested or not.

Back