There Has to Be a Better Way!!!

Seems we are in eerily similar industries with some differences on the issue. I know who I'm calling, their name, what industry they work in, and granted the opportunity to get involved with them I know it's worth my time. So this person is already qualified. The goal is setting appointments.
In each call I know what I'm trying to accomplish and am consistent in its follow through.
Question is: if cold calling folks and asking the questions "would you like to find out how much I can help you? or "is this something you would like to learn more about?' has resulted in the success of running thousands of appointments, what did the real purpose in these calls of finding an interest and growing it do?
My other point to people using the phones is, if you only sell to the people who say yes first, then your more in an order taking situation. If you hang out on the corner with your hand out waiting for a buck, eventually you will get one. Is this what you want from your sales career? Point is, people who say no that you hang up on....... those are the sales up for grabs. That's a lot of people! These sales separate strong salespeople from mediocre salespeople. Learning to get more of these sales is not grinding and won't burn you out. Much the opposite... it's rewarding. and will drive your sales career. Once you've nailed down how to anticipate then respond to a "no" you will begin to realize it's the second response that really matters.
I'm curious what companies are doing now for people as far as training?

Seems we are in eerily similar industries with some differences on the issue. I know who I'm calling, their name, what industry they work in, and granted the opportunity to get involved with them I know it's worth my time. So this person is already qualified. The goal is setting appointments.
In each call I know what I'm trying to accomplish and am consistent in its follow through.
Question is: if cold calling folks and asking the questions "would you like to find out how much I can help you? or "is this something you would like to learn more about?' has resulted in the success of running thousands of appointments, what did the real purpose in these calls of finding an interest and growing it do?
My other point to people using the phones is, if you only sell to the people who say yes first, then your more in an order taking situation. If you hang out on the corner with your hand out waiting for a buck, eventually you will get one. Is this what you want from your sales career? Point is, people who say no that you hang up on....... those are the sales up for grabs. That's a lot of people! These sales separate strong salespeople from mediocre salespeople. Learning to get more of these sales is not grinding and won't burn you out. Much the opposite... it's rewarding. and will drive your sales career. Once you've nailed down how to anticipate then respond to a "no" you will begin to realize it's the second response that really matters.
I'm curious what companies are doing now for people as far as training?

How do you respond to a no?

A couple tips I give my marketers is:

1. Be as personal and personable as possible. Make it like they are the only people you are calling.

2. When in doubt...it's a female so ask "Hi...Ms. Smith?" 90% it's a female.

3. Never use Mr or Mrs, mam or sir, last names. Always call them by their first name unless they correct you. Friends use first names. TM's use last names and general phrase's.

4. I suggest asking..."how you feel'n today?" Just like that. Amazing how many ppl respond to that phrase.

5. I also suggest..."did I catch you at an OK time?"

6. Scrap cold calling and let US do it for you!!!! Haaaaaa

Me and a buddy of mine from work, we are both captives with state farm, have started to cold call and at first we attempted to overcome the initial "no" but we noticed this was taking too much time and only occasionally led to an actual quote. Since then our script has went something like this "this is james with state farm, how are you this afternoon?... Thats good to hear.. We are calling to let you know about our recent rate decreses in your area and we would love the opportunity to go through a quote with you" and if they say "no", just say "thank" you and hang up. Should we go back to trying to overcome the initial no, since cold calling is a numbers game, or keep what we are doing? Also would you say something different?

Also i just wanted to thank everyone on this forum, although i have never posted anything, i wanted to go inde as soon as i got my licences P&C and L&H but after reading this forum I decided to go captive to actually learn and most importantly SAVE up so im not just another fly by night agency.

A couple tips I give my marketers is:

1. Be as personal and personable as possible. Make it like they are the only people you are calling.

2. When in doubt...it's a female so ask "Hi...Ms. Smith?" 90% it's a female.

3. Never use Mr or Mrs, mam or sir, last names. Always call them by their first name unless they correct you. Friends use first names. TM's use last names and general phrase's.

4. I suggest asking..."how you feel'n today?" Just like that. Amazing how many ppl respond to that phrase.

5. I also suggest..."did I catch you at an OK time?"

6. Scrap cold calling and let US do it for you!!!! Haaaaaa

Does point 2, "Ms. Smith, conflict with the advice in point 3? You seem to be saying first names only no Mr. Mrs. or Ms.

Back