Follow-up with internet leads

Assuming the lead comes in on Jan 1st...and I do NOT reach them.

Jan 1- I call them on the phone, but not more than twice the first day if I can't reach them. Two emails. The first is introducing myself and EMPHASIZING that I am local, unlike most of the other agents that will contact them. I also name specific companies that I do NOT use and why.
I also send a hard copy in the mail.

Jan 3- Another call and email. A quick review of what was originally emailed and another reminder that I am local.

Jan 9- Another call and email with a quick synopsis of the range of rates I was quoting.

Jan 16 email

Jan 26 final email...for now. Another hard copy in the mail (actually a copy of the email).

March 26-THE final email.

This is essentially, a short summary. It seems to work for me. The emails are already created. I am just adding their email address (or in the case of the first email...their rates and coverages).

I over-emphasize that I am local. It doesn't make a difference to about 60% of the contacts. But the other 40% clearly like to deal with someone local.

If you can't make contact and they are local do you ever physically go see them @ either their business or home?

No. I don't think it is a good idea to see them physically unless they request that.

But when they know you are local, every so often they will ask to stop by your office...and they usually do. In some cases, even if they live 30-45 minutes away.

if your paying for that lead wouldn't a drop-by be better than never getting in touch,I'm just asking because that's what I do with my direct mail leads with med. supps and I gotta be honest , I have mixed results. I rarely do anything but cold-call anyway.

if your paying for that lead wouldn't a drop-by be better than never getting in touch,I'm just asking because that's what I do with my direct mail leads with med. supps and I gotta be honest , I have mixed results. I rarely do anything but cold-call anyway.

You might be right. I guess I assume that since they applied online for a quote, it is inferred that they will be contacted by phone or email (or mail) only.

I don't have the time to see them in person, but if someone does, it would be interesting to see the numbers.

The verdicts still out on the #'s as far as ME dropping by lol again that is why I just basically cold call. I have tried the internet lead route and just have'nt had any luck, maybe it's the senior mkt. i don't know.

I would venture to guess I could count on one hand how many computers I have seen in past year in the seniors that I visited, but in another 5 years or so with the younger baby boomers I think that will change.

Jan 1- I call them on the phone, but not more than twice the first day if I can't reach them. Two emails. The first is introducing myself and EMPHASIZING that I am local, unlike most of the other agents that will contact them. I also name specific companies that I do NOT use and why.
I also send a hard copy in the mail.

I am curious to know why you mention companies that you do not use and why. I imagine you are talking about a few captive companies and/or crappy hospital expense plans, since it would be odd to downplay your current carriers in case you need to send a client to one for underwriting...

Back