My Terrible Experience with Maxxlocal

vandiar

Greetings,

Just wanted to give you guys the heads up to avoid working with Maxxlocal. They have hidden fees and their lead system is very flawed and Ryan (territory manager) has been avoiding my phone calls for weeks now. They sell you a broken product and then send you a bill showing mystery leads they claim they sent you. They disregard any instructions you give them. Let me give you my personal experience dealing with Maxxlocal. If you talk to them and you say you have only one agent that is willing to handle the live leads and they are only available during a certain part of the day they will intentionally call you at different times and use multiple people to transfer over these "live leads".. simultaenously in an effort to count sales numbers.

I talked to Maxxlocal in an effort to get some more information about their service. We decided that for $30 a pop it probably was not worth it. Ryan calls me back later and explains to me that he has unmatched leads for half price. I told him I had some specific conditions that had to be met in order for us to buy these leads. The first condition was that these leads MUST have an email address. Without an email address we cannot complete the sale because these are long distance leads. Without email and internet access it is impossible to close the sale. The second condition was that I will be the only person who will take the live leads directly. He agreed completely to these terms and supposedly set the times and lead volumes on his end. He told me he would contact me Monday morning before they started to transfer leads to us so he could go over the process with me.

My boss calls me Monday telling me I needed to tell Ryan to stop sending leads over to the other agents because they were not prepared to take these calls. It completely caught them off guard. I advised that I did and they were not supposed to be sending leads over until I got into work at 10am. The other agents had to idea how to handle these leads and were very confused and overwhelmed by the sheer volume of transfers. When I came in I contacted him about this and he told me there must have been some kind of mistake on their end and to disregard the leads that were sent over that morning. He didn't know how many leads were sent over exactly but he explained to me that before they send a lead over, an email is supposed to be sent directly to me containing the lead's contact information. I looked in my inbox and I had only one email and I explained that to Ryan and so we moved right on along. I received three more leads that day, but was only able to quote two of them as one didn't have internet access and didn't have an email account!

The next day comes around and guess what? They do the exact same thing. When I get in I have two leads in my inbox.. and none of them have email addresses. Of course, when I contacted him he told me to forward him all of the leads that I had received in my inbox so far and he would take care of them for me. I took about three phone calls from Maxxlocal that day. One didn't have internet access or an email address, and two plain refused to let me quote them. They told me they just received a call with someone speaking very quickly about getting them cheaper insurance and then they were transferred over to me. At the end of the day I was very disappointed in the service. I quickly called Ryan that Wednesday and told him to cancel the account. This was the day before the Thanksgiving holiday so we were closed until the following Monday.

I come in Monday and my boss said Maxxlocal billed her for $275!! That didn't even add up. $275 for two quotes. That adds up to be 15 leads yet I only have nine emails. Furthermore, he said he would take care of the leads that were transferred to the other agents. They had a $50 setup fee that we wasn't aware of. Also, only one lead had an email address associated with it. I talked to Ryan one time and he said he would contact the billing department to have some of this taken care of. I haven't been able to get in touch with him since. My boss disputed the charges with her CC company but the charges were placed back on there.

I just wanted to make you guys aware of my experience with Maxxlocal.

:twitchy:
Lead vendors of all kinds have continued to disappoint for a long time. You did get these promises in writing I hope?:idea:

You know, I wish I had. Verbal agreements only due to my inexperience with handling lead vendors. Looking back he was probably just nodding his head and counting his money as I was explaining the stipulations. The mandatory email stipulation seems self evident to me. How would you close the sale if they do not have access to an email account? The whole thing was a nightmare.

Tl:dr

Lead companies basically suck, outside of a few in a few insurance specialties. The leads forum is like a ripoff report.

I must say I agree with this. Back in 2013 I had a client in Greenbay WI. this guy paid for 8 appointments for supplemental benefits. mother $#%$^%#$ closed all 8 100% close rate and called and found reasons to complain. 25 and 50 man groups...gotta find that reason to complain...

And then there is that. Agents have way to high of expectations from leads and they complain to anyone who will listen.

^^^

Ain't that the truth. I kid you not, I have had agents reach out to me and ask if they should expect about a 50% closing percentage on Telemarketed leads.

^^^

Ain't that the truth. I kid you not, I have had agents reach out to me and ask if they should expect about a 50% closing percentage on Telemarketed leads.

I guess that means 50% of them would be "close" to them?:D Leads are best if worked by agents who have an idea of what marketing actually is or that have some experience in working in sales and a sales pipeline. There is no perfect lead.

Back