Pyramid-Above Street Commissions

Frank Stastny

Guru
5000 Post Club
Florida
I'm putting this up here mainly as information, not because I have decided to aggressively start recruiting agents. If anyone thinks it is a good deal then I can offer a contract.

If you don't think it is a good deal then that is fine also.

I don't like the fact that some agents are having to settle for a lot less money while the FMO is making a ton and only sharing a small portion with the agent. I am just presenting an alternative.

I discovered the other day that I have a pretty good contract with Pyramid. I knew it was above street level but I guess I didn't realize how much above. It was at that time that I also found out that I could offer contracts.

I can offer contracts at the Regional Managing General Agent level. I have been told the commissions are quite a bit higher than the "street level" that most agents are getting.

I haven't paid a lot of attention to all of that because I only sell PDP plans. I don't offer PFFS plans in rural Missouri and I no longer sell in St. Louis or KC.

The commission levels that I can offer would be $500 MAPD and $450 for MA. Replacement commissions are slightly above 50%. Yes, I said above 50%.

For Rick's benefit, no, the marketing organization I have my contract through does not give unconditional releases which means that I can't either.

However, if the commissions are substantially higher than what others are offering I really don't care about getting a release. Where would I go to get a better deal if I did get a release?

Back