Best Web Host and Website Builder

I'm not sure we're discussing SEO. We're discussing websites. If someone wants a sharp looking website, I'll set up a WP blog of their choice for free. Past that, they can look into researching a SEO expert.

Based on my experience (and yes...maybe a bit biased)...there is no question that the websites that were built clearly outperform the WP blog-type websites.

I'll grant you that if you don't have $400-$600, then sure...get a free WP blog.
But if you're ultimate goal is to have websites that provide you 50-100 leads PER DAY and too many calls and emails to handle yourself...build a website. You won't be sorry.

And actually, I have both. I use WP blogs, BUT INSIDE my websites. It's a great combination. and I hope nobody does it!

Last edited:
Chumps, you got in years back when the getting was good. What odds would you give a new agent with an unlimited budget to get at the very top of 1st page google for "their state...health insurance."

I know what odds I'd give 'em - looking for what you'd say in now in 2012. If an agent had, say, 10K to spend, would they get to first page 1st rank for "Florida health insurance?"

John...Yes, If I were starting today, I would not apply my ideas to a health insurance site. But I would follow the script for another line of business. In a heartbeat. And they would not need 10K. Heck, I still haven't spent anywhere close to that in all of my years with websites.

Maybe I should clarify my position. If you have limited funds...fine. Go for the WP blog. But if you're in it for the long haul and you can spend a tad more...build a website.

Check out a lot of the big producing websites. Websites with blogs inside them.

Last edited:
You're giving 5 year old advice, but that's fine. There is no difference in SEO between a website and blog. If you think there is I'd suggest you start doing the most basic of research. Possibly talk to an actual SEO expert, which would not really include someone who sells website design.

(I'll start you out - a WP blog IS a website, technically. That's free but you can PayPal me if you want.)

Man not for nothing but for a newbie that is a p&c guy and wants an agency site...this thread has been valuable feedback...I hope you both can continue this discussion and agree to disagree in the continued matter...great thread. Crabcake Johnny I'd be your guinea pig for a free WP blog site...I also don't mind paying $500 which is what I was going to do with ksigmitsu...shoot id take both and be the guinea pig for the community to see how I do better.

I'm going to be a new p&c shop in the nicer part of MIami (coral gables) offering personal lines and commercial p&c and life and health as sticky products. I have some site styles that I like as points of reference but man I'd sure take a free site.

John...I'm basing my comments on a vast amount of CURRENT experience. If I'm someone in the business, I want to listen to someone who did it, not someone who tells you how to do it.

Infoe...You can build that site AND put the darn WP blog INSIDE the website. That's your best bet.

Man not for nothing but for a newbie that is a p&c guy and wants an agency site...this thread has been valuable feedback...I hope you both can continue this discussion and agree to disagree in the continued matter...great thread. Crabcake Johnny I'd be your guinea pig for a free WP blog site...I also don't mind paying $500 which is what I was going to do with ksigmitsu...shoot id take both and be the guinea pig for the community to see how I do better.

I'm going to be a new p&c shop in the nicer part of MIami (coral gables) offering personal lines and commercial p&c and life and health as sticky products. I have some site styles that I like as points of reference but man I'd sure take a free site.

If you have $500 and are going to spend it ONLY on website design (not SEO) than take $450 of that, blow it at the mall and spend $50 on a WP theme. I'll set it up for you and you'll get cool stuff at the mall. You saw that one I'm setting up for my niece. Hiring a web designer to build that? Would cost thousands of dollars. Want changes? You'll pay for each one.

Back