Goodbye Norvax, hello Quotit

Colorado Newbie

Super Genius
Kenai, AK
Yesterday I had a client that was wanting to compare Kaiser HSA plans to other HSA plans. Well not too suprisingly Kaiser was not quoting correctly on my Norvax. Called Norvax and they blamed it on Kaiser saying this is linked to their system and hopefuly it will be fixed soon. UGH!

After speaking with Norvax I got an email from Michael Foster advertising a promotion for Quotit. I spoke with Michael at length about the strengths of Quotit and afterwards I played around with the system. One thing that impressed me is that Michael did not try and sell me on the website package since I have my own website and all I need is a quote engine. The cost for just that is $79 a month. Oh, and from what Michael told me Kaiser does not provide a direct link for quoting. It's all set up on quote engine side of it. I really hate being lied to Norvax!

I have to say I am very very impressed with the Quotit softeware product. Far too many pros to list here. My biggest concern was would I lose all the contact info I already had my Norvax. I spoke with Michael about this and he said for a small fee Quotit can import my Norvax database into the Quotit database. SOLD!!!!!!!!

I got that same email and in fact also spoke to Michael on Friday.

I'm happy with Norvax but I have a third web site that will be completed within the next few weeks. And I need a separate quote engine since the autoresponder uses state-exclusive responses.

Yes, Michael seems like a good guy and Quotit's offer is very tempting. But, in some states, they aren't quite ready, so I'm still deciding between the two.

Norvax 'exaggerates' what carriers are coming online with them in the near future and uses smoke and mirrors when answering questions. My one year contract is all they will get out of me.

When I was with Quotit you could not export your own data, which was a major problem. Also in Texas you could not turn off the "show only plans with maternity" which amounts to essentially no one.

1/4 of my leads would say "your website didn't have any quotes" since every female under 35 clicked the button which was hard coded.

After asking for these 2 issues (and others) to be addressed for over a year I gave up and went to Norvax.

Maybe today is a different story I would like to hear feedback on support and customization if anyone has any feedback.

I have used Quotit for a year and a half. You can select carriers & plans at your discretion. Still, I show about 140 available plans (out of 800 or so).

You can export data to XLS as I do so regularly for my Constant Contact newsletter.

The interface has always been superior to Norvax in my opinion. My only reason for not going with Quotit originally was the lack of carriers in my state.

Quotit is not perfect. Haven't found one that is, but it suits my purposes and they do not require a long term contract.

I've had Quotit for over a year and happy with it. Also their auto responder settings are pretty nice. Michael's a nice guy.

I've considered using both and choose neither because one way on the other I won't have all my carriers here in VA. But if I had to pick one I think I'd choose quotit because I like the interface better.

Does anyone know anything about when Insurint's engine will be out? And does it offer most of the carriers?

Back