Goodbye Norvax, hello Quotit

Insurint is already "out". Newest version was supposed to be available by now. Mark seems to indicate it will be a few more weeks.

Good program if you need all the bells & whistles.

Insurint is already "out". Newest version was supposed to be available by now. Mark seems to indicate it will be a few more weeks.

Good program if you need all the bells & whistles.

Do you know if it's out with the websites?

Can't say. Mark would know. He is posting here again.

I have a web guy working on a new site for me. Never was impressed with the template sites from Norvax or Quotit so never bothered to ask about anything from Insurint.

Your own website will attract a lot more people than the Norvax site. And of course...it's rather fun to write...write...and write some more.

Ello Ello governor. Nudge nudge wink wink say no more!

I have a good domain name and was considering Norvax. Build my own and hook in a quote machine from one of the three companies? Is this the best approach? Thanks.

:cool:

Freddie,

It definately is a good idea to get a site built other than pay for the template Norvax or Quote sites. This will seperate you from the competition.You'll have 1,000 of other sites that look identical to yours if you use their service.You can always link back to the quote engine.

Last edited:
Freddie,

It definately is a good idea to get a site built other than pay for the template Norvax or Quote sites. This will seperate you from the competition.You'll have 1,000 of other sites that look identical to yours if you use their service.You can always link back to the quote engine.

I sent you a PM.

I just checked out the Quotit website. I'm not sure if I'm looking at this right but it seems to me that they are only quoting Celtic and Golden in PA? Could this be right?

These are the same old arguments about David & Goliath.

I put off making a decision for a few months while waiting on the Insurint thing. Finally got on board a few weeks ago and was so disappointed that I also responded to that mass email from quotit to try and get in on their "no sign up fee" thing.

Why do all of the smileys have jezus thorns or panty hose on their heads?

Oh where was I?

Oh yeah. Well after I finally realized that Quotit only has my main carrier in about 15 states (out of 42 they write business in) I decided to go look at norvax one more time (had them a couple of years ago and wasn't so pleased back then).

Long story short. I ended up dumping insurint and going with norvax. It has everything I need and that's all that matters I guess. Plus, they made me a deal that provides me with all of the states I need for about HALF of what quotit wanted. (It was quite fun to play them against each other).

Insurint has its place and I sure like everyone over there, but the system is slower than molasses. You basically have to do everything by hand if you want to send out quotes (they do NOT have availabilty for client direct quotes at this point) and it takes 30 seconds or longer to load EACH quote into the system to prepare for emailing, and that's AFTER you get to that stage.

You cannot select plans from a master list to include. You have to first select the plans to compare, then from that list, select plans to include in the emailed quotes, manually entering them one by one. Each quote was taking me 15 to 20 minutes to prepare. And I still had to go load up individual company software for the plans they don't carry (yet). And oh yeah, the main plan list for each company is ridiculously short. The max number of quotes you will ever see from Humana is something like 8. Maybe 10 from Aetna. Half a dozen to 10 from Assurant, etc. (although you can manually go in and requote Assurant, but you can only include ONE of the variable quotes you create within your email).

Supposedly, Insurint is all about agents who want to do online screen sharing and so forth, but still I don't see the advantage, especially when considering the dearth of plans available. For just a little more money, I was able to get virtually everything I needed at norvax, where one click does it all and gets me over 600 quotes at a time, without the limited state availability from quotit. So, it was the best available option for me at least at this point.

I would really love to see Insurint take over the market, believe me, but from what I have seen of the actual system at work, they are light years away from being user friendly enough to attract a large enough audience to be a viable player.

I have had both Quotit & Norvax.

Started with Norvax because they had the carriers I needed, Quotit did not. Eventually Quotit got the carriers I needed so I fired Norvax and picked up Quotit.

I have been reasonably happy with Quotit. Still prefer their format over Norvax. They are much more user friendly than Norvax IMO, and a much better interface.

As for Insurint, their program is slow and bulky. The next version (demo'd for me about a month ago) will have expanded capability (including a CRM) but seems it will still be slow. It will also offer visitors to your site the ability to run their own quotes.

Bottom line, no one has a clear advantage over the others. If the shoe fits, wear it.

Back