Spend Money on Internet Marketing Vs Traditional Marketing?

Hi, I'm new to this forum. Do you think it makes sense for me to hire someone to do internet marketing for us? We could spend the same amount mailing postcards and maybe hiring a telemarketer? Thank you! Not new to biz, new to marketing efforts! (Ashamed to admit).:1eek:

I guess for me-in the planning stages on marketing budget-cost would be the biggest factor in making the decision.

I picked up a good book from the library that laid out the benefits/cons to social media marketing (which would be a part of your internet marketing). "How to make money with Social Media" by ? Taylor.

If you have 5+ hours you could dedicate to internet marketing per week, you may be able to accomplish the marketing yourself and spend the $ on the other avenues you mentioned.

Hope this makes sense, just coming off the top of my head :)

Thank you, yes I can do some myself, and some I just CANNOT tackle figuring out. Social media, fine, I can do that. Some of the "fancier" stuff I have to have someone do. And as far as mailing things, it seems cheaper to outsource rather than spending the time. It is really inexpensive. But I don't know if anyone reads mail anymore?? Like old fashioned snail mail?

Thank you, yes I can do some myself, and some I just CANNOT tackle figuring out. Social media, fine, I can do that. Some of the "fancier" stuff I have to have someone do. And as far as mailing things, it seems cheaper to outsource rather than spending the time. It is really inexpensive. But I don't know if anyone reads mail anymore?? Like old fashioned snail mail?

I will make a WAG and say they read snail mail more often than they will read spam e-mail.

leeleerambles,
spending money on internet marketing is a very broad term. no one can help you with those decisions without being able to see the numbers and crunch the data.

i visited your website, which looks nicely done BTW, but it has no "call to action", which is very important. I would suggest investing whatever marketing dollars you have to spend on generating clients to your own website, rather than paying to have outside sources bring clients to you.

one major advantage you have in the insurance business is that you broker special lines, which is far less competitive than what most of us agents have to compete with. insurance is the #1 most competitive industry, amounting to about a quarter of google's ad revenue. but the vast majority of that is for common keyword searches such as "auto insurance" "health ins." "life ins." etc etc. insurance for special lines coverage tends to fly much lower under the radar as far as competition is concerned. as far as the marketing budget is concerned, the best bang for your buck will be with google adwords. but dont jump into that until you've learned enough about it.

once you equip your website with a call to action to where you can generate leads from it, and also learn SEO, you won't need outside sources.

I will make a WAG and say they read snail mail more often than they will read spam e-mail.

I'm still waiting to get a spam filter on my mailbox for snail mail, but the letter carriers don't seem to be onboard with it.

Thank you everyone for the kind replies, and Dan, that was so nice of you to take the time to review our site, and I agree on the call to action, good point!

For the person who made the comment about letter carriers...I don't like to talk like that about people who work for a living...I appreciate my mailperson.

Thank you everyone for the kind replies, and Dan, that was so nice of you to take the time to review our site, and I agree on the call to action, good point!

For the person who made the comment about letter carriers...I don't like to talk like that about people who work for a living...I appreciate my mailperson.

Ask yourself this, if you are going to research or buy a product yourself, where do you turn? Online or your phone book? My point is that 90% of people start their research online for most insurance products, not the old school sources..Online marketing is the future and has been for a while, its only going in that direction more and more every year...After all, you dont see mailing houses posting record profits like google, do we?

Back