Compulife's 27th Anniversary Super Specials

Robert Barney

Guru
1000 Post Club
Compulife is celebrating our 27th year in business with some big specials that you can read about in our October Monthly Bulletin:

Note: The deadline for these specials is October 31st and they are the best deals that we have ever offered.

There are three options.

1. Subscription Splits for Retail Buyers
If you are a Compulife subscriber paying for your own subscription, you can split it twice and Compulife will give copies to two of your friends for FREE.​
2. Subscription Split for Sub-Users
Agency users can split their subscriptions to 4 sub-user agents. If the Agency already has sub-users, it can double the number of those for FREE.​
3. Three for One subscription offer
For people who are not Compulife subscribers, they can buy one subscription and get two FREE.​
Once again, this offer will be GONE on November 1st which means you have until October 31st to take advantage of these incredible deals.

If you are not a Compulife subscriber, pay attention to the third option. If you can find two friends to buy with, the three of you can each get a subscription to Compulife for a total cost of $199 - NOT $199 each - $199 total.

For complete details, make sure that you read our October Monthly Bulletin:

You'll be sorry if you miss this one.

I wish it ran on my Mac... or on the web.

Why Doesn't Compulife provide agent quotes on the Internet?

Compulife does not provide its agent/agency versions of our comparison software on the Internet for the simple reason that the Internet is not as dependable as using our software on your local computer. Experience has taught us that agents who use Compulife depend on it heavily. Should a communication or website failure occur, you are still able to do immediate quotes with Compulife because it is on your computer. Even agents facing power failures can do quotes providing Compulife is on their battery powered laptop.

This might have been true ten years ago, but from my experience your phone and cable lines are as reliable as your electrical service. How many of you have really terrible internet connections or ISP problems these days? I'll bet very few.

When you consider all the viruses out there and how easy it is for someone to hack into the average small office network or how often disk drives fail or mother-boards fry, I have a lot more faith in server-side applications than I do desktop (client-side) applications.

True, you would not want to run a graphics intensive application like Photoshop on a server because of speed and bandwith issues, but insurance quotes have a small electron footprint.

I use WinFlex on the net and it seems to run OK. I assume WinFlex is a competitor of Compulife? Eventually EVERYTHING is going to run in "the cloud" (yeah, even Photoshop). My guess is five years when we can get ultra-high speed internet over the power grid or via microwave dish. I don't see running fiber optic to every home (aka, "the last mile.")

I remember 1200 baud dial-up to bulletin boards twenty years ago. Considering that technology advances exponentially, five to ten years should see total cloud computing a reality.

Al
InsuranceSolutions123 Agency

I trust that you appreciate that most life insurance companies do not program software for Mac computers. Life companies program for Windows expecting agents to have Windows computers and we go with the flow. If the majority of agents had Macs, we would program for Macs but it is a very small minority that have Macs.

Further, we do have some Mac users running our software in Windows emulation software. That option is out there for Mac users.

As to online services, we are moving in that direction but very, very, very carefully and very slowly. I can't imagine what would happen if we completely relied upon the web to do quotes, and suddenly it all ceased working because someone put a shovel through an optical cable somewhere.

I personally have two internet services into my house where I keep my personal office: DSL and Cable. And yes I have two because I have had each of them fail me from time to time. In the case of the cable service, I was without web service for almost a week.

As it is, I just unplug my computer from one router, and plug it into another, and carry on.

Do I trust the web? Not on your life.

Bob Barney of Compulife and I spoke tonight with respect to the fact that it really is his software that powers the internet quote service that I use at my web site. As I have told you guys before, it's great quote software and I am now hooked up with Compulife having taken advantage of the special deals that Compulife is offering until the end of October.

A subscription to Compulife normally costs an agent $199 per year but if three people get together and buy Compulife in October, each of the three get their own subscription for a combined total cost of $199, which is the same as $67 each. That's a heck of a deal.

I suggested that Bob just offer the members of our board the software for $67 each but he said he wants agents to put their heads together and will only give the deal to groups of three.
So here is the modified arrangement that we negotiated. If you want to get in on this $67 price, complete the following application form using my name "STIBROKER" in the first box which says, "Name of the agent who is already an existing subscriber to COMPULIFE":

Fill in the rest of the application form. Once Compulife gets 3 applications with STIBROKER on the top, they will call each of you for your credit card info and you will each get a year of Compulife for $67.

As I said, I think their software is great and it has made me money. At these prices, you just can't lose.

I wish it ran on my Mac... or on the web.

This might have been true ten years ago, but from my experience your phone and cable lines are as reliable as your electrical service. How many of you have really terrible internet connections or ISP problems these days? I'll bet very few.

When you consider all the viruses out there and how easy it is for someone to hack into the average small office network or how often disk drives fail or mother-boards fry, I have a lot more faith in server-side applications than I do desktop (client-side) applications.

True, you would not want to run a graphics intensive application like Photoshop on a server because of speed and bandwith issues, but insurance quotes have a small electron footprint.

I use WinFlex on the net and it seems to run OK. I assume WinFlex is a competitor of Compulife? Eventually EVERYTHING is going to run in "the cloud" (yeah, even Photoshop). My guess is five years when we can get ultra-high speed internet over the power grid or via microwave dish. I don't see running fiber optic to every home (aka, "the last mile.")

I remember 1200 baud dial-up to bulletin boards twenty years ago. Considering that technology advances exponentially, five to ten years should see total cloud computing a reality.

Al
InsuranceSolutions123 Agency

Sorry to hijack the thread, but how the hell do you get WinFlex to work properly on a Mac? I can get it up and tottering at about 50% functionality using CrossOver, but that's it.

Nick P, you MUST be wrong.

Al has told us MANY times that his MAC can run ALL Windows software even better than Vista can.

The Al that was complaining earlier in this thread must have hi-jacked the REAL Al's computer because the REAL Al has no problem with Windows programs on a Mac.

Al,

Have you tried Compulife with the Mac/Crossover?

If you have not, send me your email address and I'll get you a 30 day free trial. I would like to know how it works on your machine.

My 2 cents. Another added value to the software is that you do not have to have internet connection to do a quick quote. I have it loaded both on my phone and on a Dell PDA kept in the car.

The beauty of the hand held is the larger screen and it being on my belt. If I am in a house doing a FE I do not need my laptop. When I finish the FE I can transition into the kids and grand kids with out having to bring in the suit case. Compulife is already qued up and ready. I guess if I wanted to do it online I could just go to Term4sale or the Blackberry site.

Been with Bob since the DOS days. Always improving the product.

Only wish he had more SIWL rates on there.

Lee

Lee,

Many thanks for the kind comments.

Compulife would love to add more rates for SIWL products - we just need the rates. If you have a rate card for a product we don't have, email that off to [email protected] and we'll get it added.

On the subject of Palm and Windows Mobile PDA's, we determined when we first offered PDA software that those two operating systems represented most of the devices in the market. We also like them because an agent could have a hand held WITHOUT having to pay expensive web service fees as they did with units like Blackberry. The web fees for on-line PDA's were actually more money than we charge for our software and we didn't want an agent to fee obligated to have to pay that money just to run quotes on the go.

As time has moved forward we have witnessed a serious transition to on-line devices, at the same time as there has bee a proliferation of more and more operating systems. To that end we are now working on more sophisticated, personalized on-line quoting software that will allow a Compulife subscriber, with an on-line PDA, to run quotes in much the same way as our Palm and Windows Mobile customers do now. And just like the software we have for Palm and Windows Mobile, the on-line PDA software will be FREE with the subscription to Compulife.

Until we have that wrapped up, we are encouraging subscribers to use our generic web quoting service at:

www.termcomparisons.cc/blackberry

That site was constructed some time ago for our subscribers who have Blackberrys. We have generally hidden that from public view - ooooops.

Actually I am telling everyone about it because in about 60 days it will cease to offer quotes and will instead offer an application form for a subscriber to get a newer, better, personalized version. That edition will allow subscribers to select the companies they want to quote, just as our Palm and Windows Mobile software does now.

We will continue to support Palm and Windows Mobile devices because they don't require you to subscribe to an expensive phone contract, and because high quality used Palm and Windows Mobile devices can be readily purchased for $50 or less. This gives our subscribers an inexpensive way to have quotes on the go. In that regard, read again why Lee likes it.

And on a final note, those older PDA's have really nice big screens that are easy to read, which I personally like a lot.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but how the hell do you get WinFlex to work properly on a Mac? I can get it up and tottering at about 50% functionality using CrossOver, but that's it.

WinFlex desktop works fine with Parallels running Windows XP.

For the web version of WinFlex you must use Internet Explorer unless they have fixed the problems with FireFox. I've not used it in the past six months.

Mr. Barney is right about the insurance biz being somewhat Microsoft-centric. I undertstand why he puts his efforts into a Windows platform. However, I've never lost a sale nor had to work any extra hours because I use a Mac and not a PC since so much is web-based these days.

I have both Parallels as well as an old Toshiba laptop that I use when I need Windows stuff, which is not very often... mostly to quote Ohio National who has proprietary Win-only software. Thus, I could run his software, but to be honest, I just don't see the purpose for it in my small agency.

If I have UL or WL to quote I let one of my GAs do it. That's their job and what they (eventually) get paid for. Of course for term, there are a jillion websites (includig term4sale) to run quotes off of.

Al

Back