Dont Understand Life Insurance Jobs

So you can eventually work your way up to what amounts to what a street or sub-street level contract, something anyone without proof of production can do if they don't sign up for one of the MLM groups and have the heirarcy suck up all that extra commission.

Sounds like something any thinking agent would want to do:no:.. Even the captive debit companies pay better rates than what is being talked about here.. And, since their agents are W2 they pay the employer share of SS, plus the agent's health insurance, disability insurance, vacation, retirement, etc.

Have never been able to understand how the MLM outfits can con people into accepting sub employee rates with no true employee benefits.. :1baffled:

Geez.. if you work your way up to 82% commission, what level are you at now? If someone has enough experience to know what they are doing, how much Kool Aid do they have to drink to think that is fair deal?.. You can go almost any where and get 100%+ immediately and still have all those things you mention. Also, you state, "you CAN own your book" Does that mean you or some others don't own their book. A true independent owns their book from Day 1.

I'm satisfied with where I am, yes I know I can go any where else and get 100% but that's not the reason why I'm here. I'm here because they have products that I can't find with any other companies, like I said before I have spoken to other independent agents, and even when they were appointed to transamerica and western reserve life, they were not aware of anything other than the IUL. Some people still sell whole life and I had previously owned a whole life that wasn't doing much for me, it's leveled, the interests is only around 3-4% in dividends, and should I take out a loan I have to pay back whatever I borrowed plus 6-8% interest, and I realized that I didn't have enough coverage, I've shopped around and no one could offer me what WFG offered me so I decided to get appointed with WFG and hang my license with them as well.

It's true that some people do not own their book of business because they do not do anything, why let someone inexperienced handle some peoples financials when they cannot handle or follow up with the client with yearly reviews under the same circumstances. If I put myself in the shoes of the clients I wouldn't want it that way either. Like any other company when you are new you start yourself from the bottom up, if you are from another agency and wish to transfer over, they can match your your current contract. However 82% doesn't sound like a lot except western reserve life payouts 126% instead of 100% so you make 82% of the 126%.

However, bottom line is when you do right for people money will come plain and simple, when you go for the money and people can see that then you've lost the relationship. That's in any other place.

I'm satisfied with where I am, yes I know I can go any where else and get 100% but that's not the reason why I'm here. I'm here because they have products that I can't find with any other companies, like I said before I have spoken to other independent agents, and even when they were appointed to transamerica and western reserve life, they were not aware of anything other than the IUL. Some people still sell whole life and I had previously owned a whole life that wasn't doing much for me, it's leveled, the interests is only around 3-4% in dividends, and should I take out a loan I have to pay back whatever I borrowed plus 6-8% interest, and I realized that I didn't have enough coverage, I've shopped around and no one could offer me what WFG offered me so I decided to get appointed with WFG and hang my license with them as well.

It's true that some people do not own their book of business because they do not do anything, why let someone inexperienced handle some peoples financials when they cannot handle or follow up with the client with yearly reviews under the same circumstances. If I put myself in the shoes of the clients I wouldn't want it that way either. Like any other company when you are new you start yourself from the bottom up, if you are from another agency and wish to transfer over, they can match your your current contract. However 82% doesn't sound like a lot except western reserve life payouts 126% instead of 100% so you make 82% of the 126%.

However, bottom line is when you do right for people money will come plain and simple, when you go for the money and people can see that then you've lost the relationship. That's in any other place.

They trust them to sell the business but not to receive the renewals?

I'm satisfied with where I am, yes I know I can go any where else and get 100% but that's not the reason why I'm here. I'm here because they have products that I can't find with any other companies, like I said before I have spoken to other independent agents, and even when they were appointed to transamerica and western reserve life, they were not aware of anything other than the IUL. Some people still sell whole life and I had previously owned a whole life that wasn't doing much for me, it's leveled, the interests is only around 3-4% in dividends, and should I take out a loan I have to pay back whatever I borrowed plus 6-8% interest, and I realized that I didn't have enough coverage, I've shopped around and no one could offer me what WFG offered me so I decided to get appointed with WFG and hang my license with them as well. It's true that some people do not own their book of business because they do not do anything, why let someone inexperienced handle some peoples financials when they cannot handle or follow up with the client with yearly reviews under the same circumstances. If I put myself in the shoes of the clients I wouldn't want it that way either. Like any other company when you are new you start yourself from the bottom up, if you are from another agency and wish to transfer over, they can match your your current contract. However 82% doesn't sound like a lot except western reserve life payouts 126% instead of 100% so you make 82% of the 126%. However, bottom line is when you do right for people money will come plain and simple, when you go for the money and people can see that then you've lost the relationship. That's in any other place.

And what wonderful products do they have that any independent wouldn't have?

OK I am curious, what products you have that an independent agent does not?

They have the Global Indexed Universal Life and the Financial Foundation Indexed Universal Life.

Product names don't do much to describe why they're "so good".

What's so special about them?

I'd ask the same question of a Northwestern Mutual agent because only career agents can sell their permanent plans too.

Just because a product is "exclusive" doesn't mean it's better.

Product names don't do much to describe why they're "so good". What's so special about them? I'd ask the same question of a Northwestern Mutual agent because only career agents can sell their permanent plans too. Just because a product is "exclusive" doesn't mean it's better.
Then you're welcome to call the company and ask them since you are so experienced. No need to ask someone like me when you are a veteran. I'm sure you can manage that.

Back