Dont Understand Life Insurance Jobs

That is right.. and you indicated some agents did not own the business.. An independent agent is vested from day 1 with the first application. They don't have to jump through any hoops to be vested. What happened to the WFG "exclusive" that is not avaiable to other agents on the GIUL products?

You are right I did say that, this is where people make their beginnings so they still have to work their way up to be vested and experienced. The reason why is anyone can become part of WFG but most lack the experience to take care of their clients, so they must remain with the company and go through their requirements before they become vested which is to insure that the clients needs are placed before the agents.

The WFG/Transamerica contract is exclusive with the FFIUL for western reserve life, other companies probably do have the other IUL or GIUL products and that's fine. If another company can offer that product then I don't see why you can't become appointed with that company as well.

You are right I did say that, this is where people make their beginnings so they still have to work their way up to be vested and experienced. The reason why is anyone can become part of WFG but most lack the experience to take care of their clients, so they must remain with the company and go through their requirements before they become vested which is to insure that the clients needs are placed before the agents.

The WFG/Transamerica contract is exclusive with the FFIUL for western reserve life, other companies probably do have the other IUL or GIUL products and that's fine. If another company can offer that product then I don't see why you can't become appointed with that company as well.

Are you saying that agents who are contracted direct with WRL cannot sell the FFIUL? :skeptical:

The withholding of vesting has nothing to do with an agent's training.. It is simply a way to dig into their agents pockets and put more money into theirs when an agent leaves. That is why almost all these MLM agencies are churn and burn outfits.. WFG is not the only, not the first and certainty not the last but they all operated the same.. Work hard at convincing the agent they are providing something no one else can or will provide.. convince that less is more and that there is no way an agent can survive without them to provide for and protect them.

Are you saying that agents who are contracted direct with WRL cannot sell the FFIUL? :skeptical: The withholding of vesting has nothing to do with an agent's training.. It is simply a way to dig into their agents pockets and put more money into theirs when an agent leaves. That is why almost all these MLM agencies are churn and burn outfits.. WFG is not the only, not the first and certainty not the last but they all operated the same.. Work hard at convincing the agent they are providing something no one else can or will provide.. convince that less is more and that there is no way an agent can survive without them to provide for and protect them.

That I cannot tell you, I've heard that they cannot and if they did want they would be redirected to WFG, you can ask WRL through agent support on that for that subject.

Like I said you do not have to be with WFG to be anything, it's just another brokerage like any other brokerage. I personally prefer personal sales over recruiting individuals because I like the agent support from the company if I have any questions or concerns, recruiting individuals is for those who want to build an agency in the brokerage. You can still make a career doing personal sales and that's okay too, otherwise who in their right mind would stay somewhere where they are not making any money whatsoever.

Hong, What Louis just posted is exactly what I was about to post. We have no vested interest in telling you otherwise. We do not recruit so we have nothing to gain from you being where you are. You have been there two years, I assume you are fully vested. If not who keeps your clients, including personal business, when you leave? Many of us have been just where you are.

Again good luck to you.

Agins, you still out there? You've been thread-jacked, dude!

If I were going to get into the business from scratch, I'll tell you exactly what I'd do. Find a good independent P&C shop that does NOT presently sell life insurance to its clientele. Then, beg like hell to get on board and just focus on selling term insurance alongside their experienced agents. You'll learn how to look at the market more objectively. How to treat clients honorably in terms that they can appreciate (which mostly involves keeping their premiums low). Great foundation. After you prove yourself, ask for them to reimburse you for professional training and designations. You'll be on your way.

That is what I would do if I could do it over.

Last edited:
Agins, you still out there? You've been thread-jacked, dude!

If I were going to get into the business from scratch, I'll tell you exactly what I'd do. Find a good independent P&C shop that does NOT presently sell life insurance to its clientele. Then, beg like hell to get on board and just focus on selling term insurance alongside their experienced agents. You'll learn how to look at the market more objectively. How to treat clients honorably in terms that they can appreciate (which mostly involves keeping their premiums low). Great foundation. After you prove yourself, ask for them to reimburse you for professional training and designations. You'll be on your way.

That is what I would do if I could do it over.

You're not going to

Best lesson I learned working in a P&C shop was X-dating.

Back