New certification for life insurance agents

“The single biggest challenge with the LUTCF we faced was an enrollment decline in the past five years, and we did lots of soul-searching and feedback and the ‘LU’ piece was not well understood and causing a mixed reaction in the marketplace,” Barton, said in an interview with InsuranceNewsNet.

With that logic, I guess the CLU is the next designation to be 're-branded'?

Per the article... Do we need a new designation to know whether we should sell a 78-year old with diminished capacity ANYTHING?

Per the article... Do we need a new designation to know whether we should sell a 78-year old with diminished capacity ANYTHING?

I bet Dr. Larry was trying to get an angle in there for compliance officers who have been paying attention to the Glenn Neasham case... to endorse the program and promote it to their agents/advisors.

The reason that the LUTCF program has been failing to get students is the mandate that their designation be tied to having a NAIFA membership. That equates to around $530 per year to keep that designation. Plus the courses are $450 each. Not cheap.

The reason that the LUTCF program has been failing to get students is the mandate that their designation be tied to having a NAIFA membership. That equates to around $530 per year to keep that designation. Plus the courses are $450 each. Not cheap.

So, adding a CE requirement to this probably isn't going to help, huh?

Yikes! That sounds like highway robbery. I would not pay it. Sounds to me just like our government. An example of an organization and program that was originally for the benefit of the membership. Now the organization uses it for their benefit.

Last edited:
Back