Policy Delivery

Priority does seem to add up. However, tracking is important to me and it adds a perception of importance to the package, I perceive. It should stand out in the stack of mail so hopefully the delivery receipt gets signed and returned. The cost of priority mail is a lot cheaper in terms of time and travel cost. However, it could be higher in lost relationship building opportunity. So locally I prefer to deliver the policies. I have two sitting in a priority envelope now that I know I should do the hour and a half drive to deliver. Getting lazy in my old age.

Haha. I agree - Priority does add up... Especially on the smaller AP policies!

I'm also with you on delivering the policies that are local. Oddly enough, most clients would prefer that I mail them the policies rather than meet in-person. I've sold about 2 $10k AP this year and both clients preferred that I mail them, rather than meet in-person.. Pretty funny!

I guess US Priority is the best option due to its quick delivery time and trackability.

I deliver mine unless they are far away, which for me is rare. Most of my clients are within a couple hours of me.

I deliver mine unless they are far away, which for me is rare. Most of my clients are within a couple hours of me.

Yeah, I would actually prefer to meet with them and I always mention it, but it's funny... When I mention to the client that I can either meet in person, or I can mail them the policy, more often times than not they always ask that I mail the policy to them.. Even on large policies.

I guess they have better and more important things to do than talk to a life insurance agent!! Haha. I also think it's just the way things are today.

Yeah, I would actually prefer to meet with them and I always mention it, but it's funny... When I mention to the client that I can either meet in person, or I can mail them the policy, more often times than not they always ask that I mail the policy to them.. Even on large policies.

I guess they have better and more important things to do than talk to a life insurance agent!! Haha. I also think it's just the way things are today.

Seems that it is easier to build trust with the higher income clients. And yes, they seem to be much more likely to say just drop it in the mail.

heres the deal guys:

I worked captive at moo and at axa. they required me to do policy deliveries. I went independent they required me to do policy deliveries. They required me to do them because they wanted high retention of the policies at the expense of me seeing the client again and again. I switched IMO's and my current one lets me go sell the policy and never see the client again. I LOVE this. the policy is issued and mailed to them. They get it and forget about it and it comes up of their account monthly forever. Now was there an opportunity for me to ask for referrals missed? Yes. Could it have helped me cross-sell or solidified the relationship a little bit better? maybe. RIGHT NOW though I'm pumped I can sell and sell and sell and not be bothered by deliveries or service work. I'm selling at least twice as much this way. I'm a salesman. I'm not a policy delivery guy. Why force a fish to climb a tree?

heres the deal guys:

I worked captive at moo and at axa. they required me to do policy deliveries. I went independent they required me to do policy deliveries. They required me to do them because they wanted high retention of the policies at the expense of me seeing the client again and again. I switched IMO's and my current one lets me go sell the policy and never see the client again. I LOVE this. the policy is issued and mailed to them. They get it and forget about it and it comes up of their account monthly forever. Now was there an opportunity for me to ask for referrals missed? Yes. Could it have helped me cross-sell or solidified the relationship a little bit better? maybe. RIGHT NOW though I'm pumped I can sell and sell and sell and not be bothered by deliveries or service work. I'm selling at least twice as much this way. I'm a salesman. I'm not a policy delivery guy. Why force a fish to climb a tree?

Last edited by a moderator:
heres the deal guys:

There are many ways to do what we do. Is there a right way? Yeah, a bunch of them.

Deliver? A policy? That must be state specific as we're not required to deliver. However, we CAN if we choose to, accept delivery of the policy then deliver it to the client. Too much work for me. Meaning, my income is driven primarily by closing, not delivering. I follow up with a handwritten thank you card and gift card if they sent me any referrals. I'm old school.

There are many ways to do what we do. Is there a right way? Yeah, a bunch of them.

That's what I was thinking.

Have a strategy and be consistent with that strategy.

There is value in delivering a policy.

Less value in Fed Ex or Priority mail with other info.

Less value in just Fed Exing

Less Value in mailing

Less Value in having company mailed straight to client.

Any one of these can be consistent with whatever it is you are trying to do.

Deliver? A policy? That must be state specific as we're not required to deliver. However, we CAN if we choose to, accept delivery of the policy then deliver it to the client. Too much work for me. Meaning, my income is driven primarily by closing, not delivering. I follow up with a handwritten thank you card and gift card if they sent me any referrals. I'm old school.

""Too much work for me.""
""I'm old school.""

You went to a different old school than I did.

Back