What Life Ins. Company Should I Go With?

vmack

I recently got my life insurance license. I live in Tennessee. Am looking for a solid life insurance company to go with where Im not a captive agent and has good contracts and a decent leads program. I was looking at Howe Insurance services but I think they make you pay $5,000 just to get started with them which is not my cup of tea. Any suggestions on a solid company. I want to be able to work my own schedule as well.
Thanks

I recently got my life insurance license. I live in Tennessee. Am looking for a solid life insurance company to go with where Im not a captive agent and has good contracts and a decent leads program. I was looking at Howe Insurance services but I think they make you pay $5,000 just to get started with them which is not my cup of tea. Any suggestions on a solid company. I want to be able to work my own schedule as well.
Thanks
Since their website says "serving senior citizens" I assume it's an FE shop.

Search the FE forums. Lots of good uplines to choose from here, where you don't have to assign commission or take less than street comp.

I recently got my life insurance license. I live in Tennessee. Am looking for a solid life insurance company to go with where Im not a captive agent and has good contracts and a decent leads program. I was looking at Howe Insurance services but I think they make you pay $5,000 just to get started with them which is not my cup of tea. Any suggestions on a solid company. I want to be able to work my own schedule as well. Thanks

Never heard of the $5,000 thing before. What is that supposed to be for?

I know Howe won't release so a aid them for that reason anyway if that's correct. Plus the reduced commissions thing.

Not sure what you mean by Howe won't release? Do you mean they hold agents captive? I thought IMO's can't hold agents captive…

I don't know much about the $5K but I've just read online that its required to get started working with them. Might be true or might not.

Not sure what you mean by Howe won't release? Do you mean they hold agents captive? I thought IMO's can't hold agents captive... I don't know much about the $5K but I've just read online that its required to get started working with them. Might be true or might not.

The standard of the industry is that once you sign up with any company they will NOT release you. It's uncommon to find IMOs that will. It's a good thing you found this forum. You will learn from others mistakes. The IMOs that post regularly on this forum will treat you fairly or they would not be here. If someone is private messaging you, watch out. Those are the rats that don't want to be out in the sunlight. They prey on new agents who don't know the traps yet.

Read our website and listen to the studios there. Check out Reardon's and John Galt's Audios. By the time you do all that homework you will be much better prepared and never pay anyone $5,000 to get in this biz. That's sucker-tax.

Start here http://fexcontracting.com/getting-started-with-fe-sales/

The standard of the industry is that once you sign up with any company they will NOT release you. It's uncommon to find IMOs that will. It's a good thing you found this forum. You will learn from others mistakes. The IMOs that post regularly on this forum will treat you fairly or they would not be here. If someone is private messaging you, watch out. Those are the rats that don't want to be out in the sunlight. They prey on new agents who don't know the traps yet.

Read our website and listen to the studios there. Check out Reardon's and John Galt's Audios. By the time you do all that homework you will be much better prepared and never pay anyone $5,000 to get in this biz. That's sucker-tax.

Start here Getting Started with FE Sales

Here's the link to my Final Expense Training YouTube Webpage - I typically upload one new video weekly.

Thanks

first of all, figure out if you want to sell Final Expense, or more traditional forms of Life Insurance.

Like you mentioned, someone asking for $5K may not be the best solution

Then, do more searches then just this forum. This forum is a very small piece, of the overall insurance puzzle.

Lots of other options out there, then the marketers who post on this forum.

Good luck to you!

"Those are the rats that don't want to be out in the sunlight. They prey on new agents who don't know the traps yet'.

The more appropriate word should be Vampires instead of rats, they will suck the proverbial blood out of you.
If you want to sell FE then you can get your PhD from this forum.

Thanks

I'm curious, are you out of the insurance business yet? What have decided to do?

Back