Where to Find Old Policies

insuranceconceptscindy

Guru
100+ Post Club
Las Vegas
I got a call this morning from a friend of my husband. His brother recently died unexpectedly and they are trying to track down insurance policies. They can't find any documents, but they know they have a policy or 2.
What do you guys do to help? Where should I start first?

I got a call this morning from a friend of my husband. His brother recently died unexpectedly and they are trying to track down insurance policies. They can't find any documents, but they know they have a policy or 2. What do you guys do to help? Where should I start first?
MIB will research for a fee.

I got a call this morning from a friend of my husband. His brother recently died unexpectedly and they are trying to track down insurance policies. They can't find any documents, but they know they have a policy or 2. What do you guys do to help? Where should I start first?

If they were still being paid for you check the bank statements.

I got a call this morning from a friend of my husband. His brother recently died unexpectedly and they are trying to track down insurance policies. They can't find any documents, but they know they have a policy or 2.
What do you guys do to help? Where should I start first?

MIB as mentioned. But only if applied and reported in a certain time frame. Look at his bank statements of course. But not just current bank statements. see if you/the executor can get older ones say 5, 10 15 years ago. Also check with their Bank, P&C agent, Union, former employer and mortgage holder.
wino-wisdom-color-banner.jpg

Mib only shows if you've applied in the last 2 yrs and i'm not so sure the company that you applied with is even listed as I've had many co's ask who di the insure apply with and what happened to the app.Understand all these co's are in competition with each other and aren't going to disclose there client list.

If the deceased was an Ohio resident, the state of Ohio has a great lost policy locator service. Just google "ohio insurance department lost policy locator"

Sorry, can't post the link.

Back