Harleysville

DJAJ

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Just wanted to get some feed back on them. I am looking at maybe requesting an appointment (personal and commercial) with them and wanted to know what they are looking for from an agency. Also was wondering if they are competitve. Im in the dc metro area. Thanks.

Just wanted to get some feed back on them. I am looking at maybe requesting an appointment (personal and commercial) with them and wanted to know what they are looking for from an agency. Also was wondering if they are competitve. Im in the dc metro area. Thanks.

If I remember right, they were purchased by Nationwide two years ago. Everything that I've ever heard about them is that they are super competitive on the price side out on the east coast. I don't have access to them here in the great state of Iowa, but I've heard good things about them.

I'm sure someone will have a better opinion than I do!

If I remember right, they were purchased by Nationwide two years ago. Everything that I've ever heard about them is that they are super competitive on the price side out on the east coast. I don't have access to them here in the great state of Iowa, but I've heard good things about them.

I'm sure someone will have a better opinion than I do!

Thanks for the info. So far the few things I have read are positive, now im just curious as to what they are looking for from an agency.

There was a time in NY when Harleysville couldn't be touched on the commercial side. They were the carrier to have. They have since tightened up on underwriting and got away from some of the things they were good at such as BOP + professional on some risks. They are still a good carrier to have and can be very competitive when you find something they like. I heard recently they are into non for profit type risks.

Their personal lines are decent. They like homes valued between 300k-600k and middle age drivers.

There was a time in NY when Harleysville couldn't be touched on the commercial side. They were the carrier to have. They have since tightened up on underwriting and got away from some of the things they were good at such as BOP + professional on some risks. They are still a good carrier to have and can be very competitive when you find something they like. I heard recently they are into non for profit type risks.

Their personal lines are decent. They like homes valued between 300k-600k and middle age drivers.

Great, thanks! Do you still use them? Any idea what their premium requirements are?

Great, thanks! Do you still use them? Any idea what their premium requirements are?

My friends brokerage has them and he has all the experience with them so I'm not sure what their requirements are but I'm sure the base it off the size of the agency.

He still writes a lot with them

Back