Help, Need Claim Advice on Diminished Value and Injury

todd02

Guru
100+ Post Club
Ok so like the title says, Finally after 45 days my car is fixed. I apparently have "tennis elbow" in my middle finger joint. (Not a doc this is how he explained it) Air bag went off on my hand. It doesn't hurt but can't make a tight fist or it hurts like hell. However, it is apparently a possible permanent injury without surgery. My car I purchased for 75k and there is 30k in damages already paid.

Preface my coverage was: I WAS HIT BY A DRUNK DRIVER WHO WAS UNINSURED: I have 1M/1M/100k UIM and 25k PIP.

They so far. Paid around 2100 for medical bills, and $600 for (2days) loss wages. They said Id need a doc note for up to two weeks off. I called the doc and he said "It was you're hand I can't say you couldn't work".

My Question is this:
Should I hire an attorney for a bigger payout or settlement for my finger injury? Would they even pay? My adjust told me that they would just pay as I needed help with my injury.

2nd should I hire an attorney for Diminished value of my BMW M5? If they total the car 70k X .75% = 52,500 is whats available, after 30k repairs, 22,500 in available diminished value opportunity. Am I thinking right?

Also since it took 45 days I had to come out of pocket $798 for rental car. If using UIM is the insurance company suppose to be on the hook for the entire rental car bill?

I'm going to get crushed on resell for a car like an M5 with a big 30k accident under its belt...

Any expert in claims please advise!

Ok so like the title says, Finally after 45 days my car is fixed. I apparently have "tennis elbow" in my middle finger joint. (Not a doc this is how he explained it) Air bag went off on my hand. It doesn't hurt but can't make a tight fist or it hurts like hell. However, it is apparently a possible permanent injury without surgery. My car I purchased for 75k and there is 30k in damages already paid.

Preface my coverage was: I WAS HIT BY A DRUNK DRIVER WHO WAS UNINSURED: I have 1M/1M/100k UIM and 25k PIP.

They so far. Paid around 2100 for medical bills, and $600 for (2days) loss wages. They said Id need a doc note for up to two weeks off. I called the doc and he said "It was you're hand I can't say you couldn't work".

My Question is this:
Should I hire an attorney for a bigger payout or settlement for my finger injury? Would they even pay? My adjust told me that they would just pay as I needed help with my injury.

2nd should I hire an attorney for Diminished value of my BMW M5? If they total the car 70k X .75% = 52,500 is whats available, after 30k repairs, 22,500 in available diminished value opportunity. Am I thinking right?

Also since it took 45 days I had to come out of pocket $798 for rental car. If using UIM is the insurance company suppose to be on the hook for the entire rental car bill?

I'm going to get crushed on resell for a car like an M5 with a big 30k accident under its belt...

Any expert in claims please advise!

Sounds like your agent is a Dbag who didn't insure you correctly NOR is he giving you advice.

An attorney usually takes a pretty big chunk.

So they decided to fix it vs total? That's GREAT news!

Back