I've Got a Fish on the Line!

Herkster

Guru
100+ Post Club
So, I'm working on quoting a electric, plumbing, and hvac company.
95k in wc payroll
9 vehicles on the BA
CGL
CPP
IM
WC

Looks like a good package. I've received quotes back from two carriers, one that won't write WC unless there is 200k in payroll (quoting wc w/ a standalone wc carrier), and one other quote back so far. It amazes me the difference in rates between one company to the next.

I will be presenting 3, if not 4 quotes, early next week to the prospect.
Package premium will be around 10k. While I know that isn't huge, in my area, commercial accounts are hard finds, so I'm pretty happy that they reached out for a quote.

Insured quotes his business every 3 years. I'm liking my odds, but not counting my chickens before they hatch!

Good Luck, Who are they currently with? Grinnell?

Federated

We'll see what he decides to do, it isn't a guarantee and I know that, it's just nice to get the chance to quote some different products!

9 vehicles and only $95k in payroll? Are there a bunch of pp vehicles scheduled or are the trucks dedicated to each trade? Just curious as $95k seems lite for a 9 unit fleet.

Good luck! Federated was tough to beat on artisans in my area.

agreed payroll doesnt add up, do they let others use their vehicles or does the owner have all his personal cars on there hahaha :D

Could I ask how they found you? was it referral?

Congrats & hopefully you land the account. I've been having some commercial business fall on my plate lately & it's great. Remember if you don't get the account now make sure to follow up.

WC excludes the two owners, which would put that payroll quite a bit higher. And sorry, not 9 power units. 5/6 power units, and a few trailers for hauling some of their bigger machinery with.

No personal vehicles on the business auto - I had just worded it wrong, my bad!

Referral from one of our loan officers.

Back