Need Help Again, Thanks in Advance!!!

VaDwayne

Guru
1000 Post Club
Thanks for all of the advice regarding the pizza shop business I lost and how to avoid the situation the next time. I ordered the book "The Wedge" well over a week ago and am waiting for it to get here, hopefully today.

Here's a new situation, and if you could offer advice on how not to screw this one up, I would really appreciate it.

I cold-called a contactor in February and he said that he would get with me if he was interested, so I sent him a "thank you for taking the time to speak to me" letter and my magnetic business card.

Well this morning I got a fax from his office in my email box, and he sent me his current dec pages for his commercial auto, GL, workers comp, and his homeowners and personal auto as well.

My question, if this info came into your office how would you approach it?

I am thinking I should call to confirm that I received it, and find out what is going on with his current agent and and simply ask him what it is that I will have to do to become his new agent. Should I tell him thanks for sending in the info but we will need to get together to go over more information and chat a little, or find out what is the best way for him to give me the extra information I need? Oh yeah, I have his current premiums on his documents...:biggrin:

Most of the commercial that I have written thus far, I did in the client's business, with a few in my office, but these contractors are a whole new ballgame for me because of them being on the worksite all day, and this is my first attempt at working them.

I know my products well, but it's that "wedge" that I need a little, no a lot, of polishing.

You really don't know what to do next?

Call him and talk to him. For all you know...he sent those to you by mistake.
Don't worry about the wedge-smedge until you know what you're dealing with.

You really don't know what to do next?

Call him and talk to him. For all you know...he sent those to you by mistake.
Don't worry about the wedge-smedge until you know what you're dealing with.

Thanks for the advice.

Thanks for all of the advice regarding the pizza shop business I lost and how to avoid the situation the next time. I ordered the book "The Wedge" well over a week ago and am waiting for it to get here, hopefully today.

Here's a new situation, and if you could offer advice on how not to screw this one up, I would really appreciate it.

I cold-called a contactor in February and he said that he would get with me if he was interested, so I sent him a "thank you for taking the time to speak to me" letter and my magnetic business card.

Well this morning I got a fax from his office in my email box, and he sent me his current dec pages for his commercial auto, GL, workers comp, and his homeowners and personal auto as well.

My question, if this info came into your office how would you approach it?

I am thinking I should call to confirm that I received it, and find out what is going on with his current agent and and simply ask him what it is that I will have to do to become his new agent. Should I tell him thanks for sending in the info but we will need to get together to go over more information and chat a little, or find out what is the best way for him to give me the extra information I need? Oh yeah, I have his current premiums on his documents...:biggrin:

Most of the commercial that I have written thus far, I did in the client's business, with a few in my office, but these contractors are a whole new ballgame for me because of them being on the worksite all day, and this is my first attempt at working them.

I know my products well, but it's that "wedge" that I need a little, no a lot, of polishing.

If somebody faxes you all that stuff you're golden 90% of the time. He went out of his way to make sure you got the stuff you needed to quote.

Call him and confirm but this surely a done deal.

Nice work on the magnetic business card. No doubt this is on his fridge or on a cabinet somewhere.

Any suggestions on where to get those?

If somebody faxes you all that stuff you're golden 90% of the time. He went out of his way to make sure you got the stuff you needed to quote.

Call him and confirm but this surely a done deal.

Nice work on the magnetic business card. No doubt this is on his fridge or on a cabinet somewhere.

Any suggestions on where to get those?

I made my own magnet cards. I bought the magnets on Ebay some time ago and I stick my card to them. They are self-adhesive and I send them with a letter immediately after I get off of the cold-call as a thank you for giving me a few minutes of their time, and every one of my Medicare Supplement clients has one on their refrigerator too;they work.

I think I paid a hundred dollars or so for 2500 magnets, but I have found that Vistaprint.com sells glossy pre-made magnet cards fairly cheap, and a lot less work for me.

I did call him today and found out that he had left a message on my cell phone that I didn't get because my wife was in hospital and I didn't have reception. He said that his agent had closed his office and moved into the parent office, and he figured it was time to look into making a change.

You still need to be careful. Find a problem outside of price, give him a solution and your chances will be greatly enhanced.

The original Wedge by Schwantz is only 116 pages. You can read it in 1-3 hours depending on how you read. Be sure to dig into it ASAP. See if the library has a copy if yours doesn't arrive soon. What you have to do is find the pain. What has he been unhappy with in the past. Is it customer service, claims, premium increases, no reviews, no communication, inadequate service, etc. What would the problem solution look like. That is the starting point. There is too much to tell in a few paragraphs.

P.S.

How is your wife?

The original Wedge by Schwantz is only 116 pages. You can read it in 1-3 hours depending on how you read. Be sure to dig into it ASAP. See if the library has a copy if yours doesn't arrive soon. What you have to do is find the pain. What has he been unhappy with in the past. Is it customer service, claims, premium increases, no reviews, no communication, inadequate service, etc. What would the problem solution look like. That is the starting point. There is too much to tell in a few paragraphs.

P.S.

I received my book today. I read a third of it already and put it down for a bit as I have difficulty comprehending when I'm sleepy. I plan on finishing it tomorrow and this weekend. It was at my house when I got home from working today.

My wife is doing well and thanks for asking. She has a major bloodclot under both of her collar bones. The one on the right is the one that they are more concerned about but they were able to desolve it most of the way.

She is on blood thinners and I have to give her a shot in her abdomen for the next 7 days, and she has to have surgery on 9/22 to remove the part of her collarbone that is rubbing the vein.

Back