New Agency Marketing

jwnewell001

I started my own agency a few months ago. After dealing with a non-compete and contracting I am moving along. I have moved over some of my more valuable clients and am picking up more and more. I have been trying to come up with a low cost marketing idea, here are a few. What do you guys think.

Putting flyers in togo orders at a few restaurants I have insured.

Have Koozies made with our logo and phone number and let the food trucks I have insured had them out with every drink order since they serve cans.

I know they will not have people beating at my door but I'm thinking it will help with name recognition in the area. I have been in the industry for 7 years and whats holding me back is the issue of the non compete. My lawyer advised me not to contact anyone who sent me business or old clients. If they contact me that's fine and I can move them. Just looking for ways to spread the word.

that marketing plan won't work. not at all. the fact you even think it would is scary. network w/ COI's or quit

Agreed... I think the roi would be terrible and I wouldn't want to ask my insured's to include my flyer or koozie. I feel like an insurance koozie would destroy the cool factor of food trucks. Sounds like you have a lot of restaurants so why not join the local association especially if your former clients are restaurants so they can see you at events and know that you are still in industry. Also, if I'm waiting out a non-compete, I probably don't want to spend money on things that "may" give you brand recognition down the road.

non competes aren't worth the paper they're written on. Your lawyer clearly hasn't litigated them. I've been involved in a non compete lawsuit where I had somebody dead in the water. Red handed breaking the non compete as bad as could be & it settled for $5,000.

Clearly I wouldn't solicit clients w/ the old agency until the non compete runs out or people who referred to the agency. But people who referred to YOU are all yours.

Thanks for the advice guys. Yes to store front but its in a 11 story building. I didn't really think any of that would help but I figured I would throw it out and see what people had to say. As far as the non-compete I hired the best I could find in my city, he writes them for all the car manufactures in the state along with AT&T and a few other big names. He's not worried about him winning if it comes down to it he just knows I wouldn't survive a long draw out suit. Also as far as the former COI's he said to try and bump into them and not call. I guess I will have to start getting out of the house again.

I do appreciate all the advice and keep it coming. I guess I got complacent and need to hit the ground again.

Back