Who Uses ACT???

i used to use it, but the upgrades are terrible. I did use northwoods sales automation bundle and LOVED it. Takes a while to learn, but amazing what it can automate for you. I wish Act 6.0 was still around...

ACT 2010 works great and 2011 is about to be released.
Whatever bits of data you want to track you just create a field for it. So it should work for any business.

Newby,

The problem I had with 2010 was I had to buy a new laptop to run the darn thing. Then it was not a quick to respond as 6.0 was. I wish they would make a program that would work the way the old versions would.

Newby,

The problem I had with 2010 was I had to buy a new laptop to run the darn thing. Then it was not a quick to respond as 6.0 was. I wish they would make a program that would work the way the old versions would.

I agree that 6. 0 was great for a single user version. But you would have to stay with XP now to use it.

2010 works great for me and even better since I got a new Windows 7 laptop.

Laptops are cheap these days. Bite the bullet and get what you need.

I use both Act 2010 and Act 4 advisors (2 seperate databases) and I'll say I prefer the old Act 6.0 as well which I still run on an older laptop. Setting up automation tasks are great but depending on what the poster is looking for like to track if policies are still in force ACT probably won't cut it for him.

I agree that 6. 0 was great for a single user version. But you would have to stay with XP now to use it.

2010 works great for me and even better since I got a new Windows 7 laptop.

Laptops are cheap these days. Bite the bullet and get what you need.

If you upgrade to Windows 7 Professional (or Ultimate), you can (most likely) use the XP Virtual PC mode to run Act 6.0.

Windows Virtual PC: Home Page

If you upgrade to Windows 7 Professional (or Ultimate), you can (most likely) use the XP Virtual PC mode to run Act 6.0.

Windows Virtual PC: Home Page

Gonna have to do more than that on my end....My program was and is on Disk....something my new computer does not have...I know I can pick up a usb external.....To the OP ACT can work but what is it that you wish to track? Do you need it to interact with some other source (Which I don't believe it will do)?

Does anyone use ACT in a comm'l property and casualty business? I work 60 miles away from the main agency loc'n which has an agency mgt system that I don't have access to. I am trying to figure out if ACT would be of any use to me.

Does anyone use ACT in a comm'l property and casualty business? I work 60 miles away from the main agency loc'n which has an agency mgt system that I don't have access to. I am trying to figure out if ACT would be of any use to me.

Only as a contact database....Is ther anyway to log onto this through a VPN? Is it networked in the office?

Latest posts

Back