Wholesaler, Aggregators, and Clusters in TN?

bindthatthing

Currently working for a captive in Tn. Considering going independent. I am wanting to get some opinions on which aggregators, wholesalers, or clusters are the best to deal with? I intent on writing personal lines and commercial lines.

Lets hear your opinions on who is your recommendation? Why do you like them? Who to steer clear of and why?

What type of support do they offer you? How long are you locked in with them and what does it cost you to do business with them?

Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated. If you dont mind a phone call, feel free to message me you phone number or email.

What captive are you currently working for, in what role, how big is your book, and how long have you been there? Oddly enough the answers to those questions might help direct you to the group of your dreams.

What captive are you currently working for, in what role, how big is your book, and how long have you been there? Oddly enough the answers to those questions might help direct you to the group of your dreams.

I am a staff member currently. This would be a start-up agency. I have 3 years experience and have worked for SF & AS.

Well you have a decision tree here. I'll lead you down one path, but it is biased.

"Begin with the end in mind"- 7 habits of Highly effective people.

Decision #1:

What end of the Ins Spectrum do you want? if you answered P&C keep reading. If ''Other" wait for the others to respond

Decision #2: Captive or Independent.

Captive:
Pro: They will teach you a lot but inevitably you will go Indy at some point in your career. Another Pro, they will subsidize your life for a time.
Con: The District Manager will push too hard or force life on you or cut your commissions or change your contract, or, ext, ext. Your Captive will take rate increases and kill your production and you will have one price point while others dissect your book one policy at a time.

Independent: :
Pro: Control expenses. Get higher commission. Higher conversion. Higher retention. All of those factors equal more money.
Con: Starting out. Getting knowledge. Your personality type could sink yourself.

Decision #3:

Once you decide Indy is for you, in the next week or 22 yrs from now. The question will be how to do it. Your options include:

Buy an agency.
Join a group.
Become a producer for an agency.
Get direct appointments.
Get an agency that provides the back end service so you can hunt full time.

You decide which one is best for you.

Decision #4: What group should I join?

There are a lot. Consider the following. NOT ALL GROUPS ARE CREATED EQUAL! They range from good, better and best.

Any group claiming to be best of class should provide the following:
1. Transparency
2. Training and support
3. Carrier Alignment
4. and a great Contract
Give me a call, shoot me am IM. Good luck and have fun with your choices.

I have been in Insurance for 12+ years and the great thing in this industry is you can choose to never stop learning. Your learning curve is never ending. Meaning you will never get board.

Currently working for a captive in Tn. Considering going independent. I am wanting to get some opinions on which aggregators, wholesalers, or clusters are the best to deal with? I intent on writing personal lines and commercial lines. Lets hear your opinions on who is your recommendation? Why do you like them? Who to steer clear of and why? What type of support do they offer you? How long are you locked in with them and what does it cost you to do business with them? Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated. If you dont mind a phone call, feel free to message me you phone number or email.
stay away from anyone who wants you to pay to join their group. After your first two years, carriers will be knocking down your door and you'll have to turn some of them down.regarding wholesalers, I assume Appalachian underwriters dominates your state.regarding personal lines, I wholesale a preferred personal lines carrier who is offering 18% to you for rolling any of your current home or auto customers over to them. Private message me if you're interested.I am doing speak to text so I'm a sure that some of the grammar and punctuation is not coming across correctly, sorry

Back