Can You Do Medicare Part Time?

I know this has been discussed to death in other parts of this forum, but I'm faced with a problem and need advice.

Currently I work a full time 40 hour a week job due to a requirement that I keep my ex wife on my medical plan. To supplement my decent income I've been selling FE on the side and have developed a small book of business.

My IMO does offer medicare plans (UHL and Atnea) as well and I can pick up a few major med sup companies as well.

Here's the thing...I am only available after 6:30 M - F and anytime on the weekends. I can not work at all Tuesday's due to prior commitments. I'm also required to work one weekend a month at my job.

So...do I try to sell Medicare as well? I've done it in the past over the phone for my current employer and hated it. Although this would be strictly face to face sales this time around.

Your words of wisdom are always welcome.

I know this has been discussed to death in other parts of this forum, but I'm faced with a problem and need advice.

Currently I work a full time 40 hour a week job due to a requirement that I keep my ex wife on my medical plan. To supplement my decent income I've been selling FE on the side and have developed a small book of business.

My IMO does offer medicare plans (UHL and Atnea) as well and I can pick up a few major med sup companies as well.

Here's the thing...I am only available after 6:30 M - F and anytime on the weekends. I can not work at all Tuesday's due to prior commitments. I'm also required to work one weekend a month at my job.

So...do I try to sell Medicare as well? I've done it in the past over the phone for my current employer and hated it. Although this would be strictly face to face sales this time around.

Your words of wisdom are always welcome.

Can you do it part time? Sure.

Should you add it to your part time FE sales? No. Not beyond picking up the easy ones you run into from your FE customers.

You will make fewer sales and less money if you market for two things rather than one. Especially since you are doing FE part time.

Back