Best time for Medicare educational event ..?

Caveat, NOT an agent. (and I have never conducted any type of seminars.)

While I was still working, a 5 pm start time for something would have been a big problem. And it seems to me like even a 5:30 start time could be a problem in a large metropolitan area for those still working.

It seems to me like 6 would be better, but that is just a comment from a former 8-5 employee with no experience in conducting seminars for a group of potential attendees who might, or might not, still be working.
I hear you, and that is something I consider. A big part of why I don't do lunch seminars, people are still working, and get at most, an hour break.

But, the locations I do my seminars at close, at the latest, 7pm. So a start time of 6pm wouldn't work. 20-30 minutes for presentation, 20-30 for Q&A and rapport building, doesn't leave much of a buffer for tear down and leave by closing.

I have experimented with Saturday seminars as well, not much of a difference in attendance to my evening weekday seminars.

I hear you, and that is something I consider. A big part of why I don't do lunch seminars, people are still working, and get at most, an hour break.

But, the locations I do my seminars at close, at the latest, 7pm. So a start time of 6pm wouldn't work. 20-30 minutes for presentation, 20-30 for Q&A and rapport building, doesn't leave much of a buffer for tear down and leave by closing.

I have experimented with Saturday seminars as well, not much of a difference in attendance to my evening weekday seminars.
And there is something I would not have thought of.

I can see your problem and why you are choosing those times.

It looks like that also forces you to be very structured and in control of your presentation. I would have a long ways to go to learn those skills.

Caveat, I am NOT an agent.

Do you suppose there is some way you could modify your "advertisement" for the seminar that would "hook" potential attendee interest better than the process you are using now?
Any input is appreciated. We used to do from 6 - 8 ... able to get it to about 7:30 ... next time we'll advert as 6 - 7:30 ...

Tues. and Thurs. seem to be the favorite days with most ... We've had a good Wed. also ...

I did Medicare Informational Seminars for the local hospital for years. Seems like if you were only doing one or the other, evenings around 6:00 packed them in best. But I did afternoon and evening usually on the same day. That just made sense to me. Some of them would have 30 to 40 attendees and others would have 6 or 7. I did the same presentation either way.

I did Medicare Informational Seminars for the local hospital for years. Seems like if you were only doing one or the other, evenings around 6:00 packed them in best. But I did afternoon and evening usually on the same day. That just made sense to me. Some of them would have 30 to 40 attendees and others would have 6 or 7. I did the same presentation either way.
Interesting. Did you direct mail to T65 people ... how did you market these events? Thanks.

Interesting. Did you direct mail to T65 people ... how did you market these events? Thanks.
I contracted with a large hospital. They have two locations. One location has a large auditorium and promotes educational events for the public.

They packed them in. I just had to give the presentations. They advertised them. Once I was well known doing those for that hospital, two additional hospitals contacted me wanting me to do theirs also. I didn’t do those because they were both an hour out of my town where I had my physical building. I was already spread pretty thin.

We absolutely will be looking into this. Thanks. What crowd size did you receive ..? You did them every month at the same place ... if so, for how long ..?

We absolutely will be looking into this. Thanks. What crowd size did you receive ..? You did them every month at the same place ... if so, for how long ..?
I did them for 7-years. They were strictly educational seminars. No pitches what so ever.
Plenty of people bought from me from those but not all were right away. Many people attended years before they retired. Many had an agent but looked me up years later when things changed for them. It’s a great way to fill your pipeline. I would never consider it my only form of marketing though.

I did them for 7-years. They were strictly educational seminars. No pitches what so ever.
Plenty of people bought from me from those but not all were right away. Many people attended years before they retired. Many had an agent but looked me up years later when things changed for them. It’s a great way to fill your pipeline. I would never consider it my only form of marketing though.
Appreciate your comments very much. We've had people get with us up to just over 5 years after attending ... I do know people who market exclusively this way but they target mail to people T65 (turning 65). No harm through the hospital as you are not paying room rental or postage costs ..?

Back