Commissions for Guaranteed Issue Med Sups

Do it sounds like MOO, Amcon, Combined and Equitable do not pay on Guaranteed issue? Yep these are my main companies.

At least MOO and ACI pay half of the usual commission. I don't like it, but can live with it. Equitable pays a one time $25 fee, I cannot live with that.

Anyone up to answering my question about selling the plan that isn't the lowest in your area for GI?

Anyone up to answering my question about selling the plan that isn't the lowest in your area for GI?

The best way to present it is simple

you don't qualify for these plans this is what you qualify for

we can either do this or a mapd

go over the dif and let them make the choice

If I have to ill say ill do the application with plan you don't qualify for if you want or show the language in the application of the plan they don't qualify

Means I have to move about 50 cases that I was going to let renew. More work.:no:

Not to be a jerk, but how do you know letting them renew would have been the best option for them? Ultimately I'd love to just let all my MA clients renew. However, I always review the changes to their current plan (if any), their medications (changes to formulary), doctors, etc. and review the other plans available in their area and let them know if I recommend a change. The last thing I want is for a client to come to me the following year and ask me why I didn't tell them about the changes to their plan or the benefits of another plan.

By being proactive like this my clients learn that I will keep them informed and that I am looking out for their best interests. Sure it's more work during AEP, but it allows me to keep virtually every client (at least those who don't pass away).

----------

The best way to present it is simple

you don't qualify for these plans this is what you qualify for

we can either do this or a mapd

go over the dif and let them make the choice

If I have to ill say ill do the application with plan you don't qualify for if you want or show the language in the application of the plan they don't qualify

WTF?!?! If it's GI, how would the language in the application show them they don't qualify?

As long as Oxford is in the ball park, you shouldn't have a problem.

Find one of your companies that has a good rate on G (I don't believe Oxford offers it), but Oxford beats on F. Start with the G, and see if they qualify. If they do, great. If they don't, transition to the F and show them that Oxford beats your other company on F, and they should go with that.

I'd be much more worried about putting people with a company that is one of the last to pay full comp on GI business, and the probability of it being a dumping ground and eventually blowing up.

Last edited:
Not to be a jerk, but how do you know letting them renew would have been the best option for them? Ultimately I'd love to just let all my MA clients renew. However, I always review the changes to their current plan (if any), their medications (changes to formulary), doctors, etc. and review the other plans available in their area and let them know if I recommend a change. The last thing I want is for a client to come to me the following year and ask me why I didn't tell them about the changes to their plan or the benefits of another plan.

By being proactive like this my clients learn that I will keep them informed and that I am looking out for their best interests. Sure it's more work during AEP, but it allows me to keep virtually every client (at least those who don't pass away).

----------

WTF?!?! If it's GI, how would the language in the application show them they don't qualify?

Yes your right just doing 10 things at once

I shouldn't comment when Im doing to many things

What I was thinking about at the time was when I have one that only qualifies for level 2 AARP non guaranteed situation

Yea If its is where they can get it much cheaper when I don't get paid

I let it go

there are too many fish in the sea to worry about that

doesn't happen too often

Last edited:

You are in the business first for you and your family, You don't make money, you don't eat. Don't feel bad that you can't afford to tell people about a FREE option that is better. The carriers are telling you that they don't want this business. Your commission always reflects what is profitable for them. But you have to sell for you first or you will not be in business very long. I'm not saying to screw them to make a higher commission, but this is not your decision, it the decision of the carrier(s) to stop taking a particular risk that they don't feel is profitable. You sell what you can get paid on, and live to help another family. Any of these plans won't be the cheapest very long anyway. Many just buy business and then raise rates.

Back