Does Medigap Rate Change when Subscriber Moves?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
My uncle has a Med supp that he purchased in Corpus Christi, then moved up to Dallas area and is now moving down to San antonio. Is his rate supposed to change when he moves? The company is Physicians' Mutual.

DS4 said:
Your zip code determines your premium.

Just curious. When a subscriber moves to a new state and maintains the supplement (say Anthem CA) what zip do they use for the correct rate in those situations?

no, rate does not change with zip codes when a plan is already in force. I have had a client move to a state which did not offer the plan I sold them. Was told not only could they keep the plan, but I would also get paid renewals even though I was not licensed in original state.

abcsales said:
no, rate does not change with zip codes when a plan is already in force. I have had a client move to a state which did not offer the plan I sold them. Was told not only could they keep the plan, but I would also get paid renewals even though I was not licensed in original state.

So you're saying if a client from FL is paying $171/month for their plan F moves to Missouri they will still pay $171. BS!

I asked Frank this question and he said the rate was still based on the original issue zip code.

I'm confused. How could they keep the plan if it is not available in their new area? Moving creates a SEP; did they get a similar plan? How did you sell them a plan in a state you were not licensed?

Back