Does this Prospect Qualify for GI

He has had Part B coverage for six years.

He's screwed then.

He has one shot and it's worked many times before. File a formal complaint if he feels that AON steered him to Med Advantage without fully explaining that it was not Medicare with a supplement.

If he feels that he did not have enough information to know the difference he may be given an exception.

If he would have gone directly from group to Medicare he would have been GI for Plan F.

I may be wrong here, it's been a while since I did any Medicare stuff, but when a employer uses AON they also give some sort of break to the employee?

This however, is about the 3rd or 4th time I've heard a horror story involving AON.

when a employer uses AON they also give some sort of break to the employee?

Sometimes, but not always, the employer establishes an HRA to help offset the premiums and medical related expenses.

Sometimes, but not always, the HRA is available only if you purchase coverage via Aon (or whoever the "consulting firm" is).

3rd or 4th time I've heard a horror story involving AON.

The frontline people are given minimal training and paid $17/hour.

You get what you pay for.

AON will be managing the HRA. If he does not go back thru AON, he won't get reimbursed from the HRA.

If he does not go back thru AON, he won't get reimbursed from the HRA.

With which employer plan? Are you specifically addressing the Michelin plan or just making a general comment?

In general, when using AON or Towers Watson, the enrollment must be done thru AON in order to receive the HRA subsidy since AON managages the HRA also.

In general, when using AON or Towers Watson, the enrollment must be done thru AON in order to receive the HRA subsidy since AON managages the HRA also.

Not always. For example, a few years ago AT&T retirees only had to purchase a PDP in order to be able to use the money to cover their Med Supp premium purchased outside of AON or TW (I can't remember which one they use).

This person is not a prospect in my book. Only qualifies for GI which most likely pays $0.

Move on to someone who can help you pay your bills. Let Aon take care of him.

This person is not a prospect in my book. Only qualifies for GI which most likely pays $0.

Move on to someone who can help you pay your bills. Let Aon take care of him.

I don't think he can qualify for GI because he is coming off a group health plan which pays secondary to Medicare but it is not a Medigap plan.

Back