Get me out of here!!!!

Yeah, I'm dumb.. let's just get that out of the way before I get bashed for the mistake I made.

I joined Health Markets and am sorely regretting it. I agreed to theem taking 25% of my commissions in return for their support. 6 months into this, I find that they're taking over 60%.

I'm asking to leave and the only thing they're telling me is that i have to send in a correspondence terminating my contract with them, however they are stipulating that releasing me from my contract is contingent on my debit balance. Here's the thing, they won't tell me what it is. I've done my research and contacted administrators in the company that say that I have a positive balance, however the authority in this area won't confirm it.

My concern is that they will say that I still owe them because I left too early, or that there was some other billing that I'm responsible for that wasn't calculated properly and to their satisfaction. I've reached out to several people within the organization and no one will explain the process or where I stand.

What does one do in this situation?

If you want to continue in life health insurance I advise be ready to move and violate the contract by appointing with new carriers first because I can bet they will say you owe money once you want to leave.

All I can say is do what was suggested and maybe start stashing some savings incase they say you owe anything. It would be best to avoid vector if possible. This is the scary side of insurance being taken advantage of by your "support" team. :no:

Back