How to Let MA Clients Know I Sell Life & Other Insurance

yorkriver1

Guru
1000 Post Club
Virginia
Should have added "compliantly" let them know.

I plan on contacting my MA and PD clients to check in soon. Could do a letter, and phone call, etc.

I recall that mail is OK for some things, and phone calls more restrictive.

Email, newsletter, what do you all do?

If these are your clients already, why not do a flyer listing your various products and mail it out to them on a Saturday. Monday-Tuesday they'll receive it and start calling Tues pm to see if they got it and had any questions?

Should have added "compliantly" let them know.

I plan on contacting my MA and PD clients to check in soon. Could do a letter, and phone call, etc.

I recall that mail is OK for some things, and phone calls more restrictive.

Email, newsletter, what do you all do?

CMS Marketing Guidelines says it's a violation to market non health products to our part C,D clients even after they are enrolled.Whenever you call your clients for the annual or semi annual check up if FE etc. is brought up by the consumer then it's Ok because it's not considered a systematic marketing campaign.Sending a newsletter or business card that gives general information about your agency's services is OK as long as there is no call to action.

A work around to this restriction is to have a consent form signed like Humana captive agents do at time of enrollment that gives permission to be contacted later about non health products.

Last edited:
A work around to this restriction is to have a consent form signed like Humana captive agents do at time of enrollment that gives permission to be contacted later about non health products.

You don't have to be captive to use that consent form.

In late January I sent out a card from send out cards that thanked them for being a client of mine and let them know that I also offer plans to help pay for funeral and final expense cost.
Cost me $1 per card shipped and I've sold about 1% so far. I'm still working on a few and I'm thinking I still may get some calls. It's been worth it so far.

Back