How to Solicit the Senior Market?

Hsig

I’m new to the senior market. I have been reading a lot of posts of how to prospect and market to this segment. I know there is a huge amount of rules and regulations regarding this group and I’m a little confused (ok maybe a lot)!
Can you buy a T65 list and cold call?
Can you advertise and hold a Medicare Educational meeting without CMS approval?
Is there a good source for the do’s and don’ts?
Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

You say you read a lot of posts but you ask questions as if you've never been on this site.

Take an hour and read the senior sub-forum. Then get back to us.

Rick

Have you completed your AHIP certification? If so, you should already know the answers to all of those questions. If not, you should immediately take and complete your certification with CMS (via AHIP). They cover an enormous amount of information regarding solitication, sales and marketing to seniors.

I’m new to the senior market. I have been reading a lot of posts of how to prospect and market to this segment. I know there is a huge amount of rules and regulations regarding this group and I’m a little confused (ok maybe a lot)!
Can you buy a T65 list and cold call?
Can you advertise and hold a Medicare Educational meeting without CMS approval?
Is there a good source for the do’s and don’ts?
Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

You can buy a list and call on most products, but not medicare advantage or in Ohio.

If you have been appointed with Medicare Advantage companies you would know the answer. If you need a system to follow that is CMS compliant contact me.

Become known among pharmacists, senior centers, church ladies, and other centers of influence as a person that can help Medicare beneficiaries solve their problems.

Sounds like you are contracted for supps. MA and Part D plans require AHIP cert where they will review what all you can and cannot do.

But, as for supplements and FE (Final Expense):

Yes you can cold call providing you are following DNC rules
Yes, you can hold educational meetings, and take apps, and pass out cards, etc. MA and Part D have different sets of rules.
For supplements and FE, you are free to market those products like you would anything else.

Here is the CMS link to download the 2013 Medicare marketing guidelines (second to last one under the downloads section). It is a zip file, just has a doc about different languages, and then the PDF of the rules.

Happy reading!

Back