Med Supp Ohio and Indiana Question??

estein

Does anyone know if their is a carrier that offers a Med Supp to a person under 65 on Medicare due to disability? They have a GI situation, but I cant find any carriers.

I am also looking for a carrier in Indiana that has a Medicare Supplement for a person under 65 and on Medicare that is affordable. All of the ones I have seen are over $600 a month. Here in Missouri they are in the low $200's.

Is a MAPD the only option for someone under 65 and on Medicare in these two states?

Thanks

Does anyone know if their is a carrier that offers a Med Supp to a person under 65 on Medicare due to disability? They have a GI situation, but I cant find any carriers.

I am also looking for a carrier in Indiana that has a Medicare Supplement for a person under 65 and on Medicare that is affordable. All of the ones I have seen are over $600 a month. Here in Missouri they are in the low $200's.

Is a MAPD the only option for someone under 65 and on Medicare in these two states?

Thanks

Only one I know of in IN is Anthem and it's definitely not affordable.

Does anyone know if their is a carrier that offers a Med Supp to a person under 65 on Medicare due to disability? They have a GI situation, but I cant find any carriers. I am also looking for a carrier in Indiana that has a Medicare Supplement for a person under 65 and on Medicare that is affordable. All of the ones I have seen are over $600 a month. Here in Missouri they are in the low $200's. Is a MAPD the only option for someone under 65 and on Medicare in these two states? Thanks

Nothing good in OH for under 65.

Which county? Depending on county, there is probably a good MAPD option.

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

Only one I know of in IN is Anthem and it's definitely not affordable.

Anyone know why the large difference in premium between Anthem IN and MO for disability med supps? Is their some kind of subsidy MO pays anthem? Or regulation that forces Anthem to keep its price low in MO that IN doest have?

Anyone know why the large difference in premium between Anthem IN and MO for disability med supps? Is their some kind of subsidy MO pays anthem? Or regulation that forces Anthem to keep its price low in MO that IN doest have?

It just means companies don't want the business when they price something out of control like that, usually.
Doctors charge a lot, maybe? High claims history. Higher hospitalization rates, all sorts of things.

In MO, disabled rates are set to the average premium level of the block. In Indiana there is no requirement to offer Med Supp to disableds, so they their rate can be as high as they can justify.

Back