Med Supps, Good Avenue?

blue_wynd

Guru
100+ Post Club
I may have someone joining my agency (P & C, Life) who did med supps before and wants to keep doing it. I never did med supps and don't know the first thing about it.

1. Is it worthwhile to add medd sups to my agency and have him or her do it?
2. What are the risks, potential rewards since I don't know anything related to this.
3. Any good med supps fmo on here I can get signed with?
4. Thinking of paying for Rick's medicare training website if I decide to move forward, is it worthwhile? Not for me, for the producer. I don't plan on learning about med supps.
5. Any other opinions or comments is appreciated.

Thanks,

Blue

I may have someone joining my agency (P & C, Life) who did med supps before and wants to keep doing it. I never did med supps and don't know the first thing about it. 1. Is it worthwhile to add medd sups to my agency and have him or her do it? 2. What are the risks, potential rewards since I don't know anything related to this. 3. Any good med supps fmo on here I can get signed with? 4. Thinking of paying for Rick's medicare training website if I decide to move forward, is it worthwhile? Not for me, for the producer. I don't plan on learning about med supps. 5. Any other opinions or comments is appreciated. Thanks, Blue

1. It's worth it (as long as it's being sold). You should probably learn about med supps as well (why would anyone contract under your agency w/o support or leads?)
2. I can't see potential risks if you or your agent are doing the right thing for your clients. The reward is great. Med Supp carriers pays level commission as FYC for 6-7 yrs.
3. Christopher Westfall is a very knowledgeable guy (I think he goes by DaytoneGuy here)
4. Any training is great. Great guys around here to learn from (including Rick).
5. What state/s are you in?

if I decide to move forward, is it worthwhile?

Hey Blue,

Yes, it's worth adding Medicare Supplement offerings to your existing clients.
They're buying coverage from someone, might as well provide that service "in house" to meet more of their needs. It is definitely a great resource to harvest more referrals as you're often able to save them a significant amount of money just by shopping the market for them. This brings more folks to your agency from their friends and other senior contacts.

It is good for you to have at least a cursory understanding of the Medicare marketplace. It is probably 5o to 10% as complicated as P&C, in my mind, and very easy to wrap your head around it in a very short time.

When you see the tremendous benefit you can provide for your existing clients by offering help in this area, you will see an overall boost to your agency from other lines naturally brought in by this new conversation.

-Chris

----------

3. Christopher Westfall is a very knowledgeable guy (I think he goes by DaytoneGuy here)

Thanks for the mention!

Blue_Wynd,

I'm going to agree with everything Chris has said. You can only do good for your agency by picking them up. As one thing leads to another though, you'll need to pick up one or two final expense companies as well since your agent will be dealing in the senior market and many of the clients will be in need of that.

I'll also throw our name into the hat as an FMO/IMO for Med Supps and FE. Give us a call at your convenience if you like.

Adding med supps is just more opportunity for your agency. Especially if you're bringing on an experienced agent.

Rick/Nick's website for med supps has a lot of good information for med supps, that's a good choice to start out.

I'll second Todd as a great place for Medicare contracts too.

Ok, it's on. So between Chris and Todd, who is the better choices here?
Looking for more of a hands on from my FMO in the beginning, since I don't know anything about Med Sups.

Ok, it's on. So between Chris and Todd, who is the better choices here?
Looking for more of a hands on from my FMO in the beginning, since I don't know anything about Med Sups.

i aint never done business with Chris, so i cant say one way or the other with that. But I can vouch for Todd. He is the only upline I have that returns my emails/phone calls in a timely manner. And his contracts, from what I have seen, are every bit as good as anyone else's

i aint never done business with Chris, so i cant say one way or the other with that. But I can vouch for Todd. He is the only upline I have that returns my emails/phone calls in a timely manner. And his contracts, from what I have seen, are every bit as good as anyone else's

Chris (Westfall) replies back within minutes as well. Great agent training and support. I highly recommend

Back