MA ICEP Commission Question

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
I submitted this question to CMS Dallas office. They have given me stone silence.

Please tell me what is supposed to happen to an Agent's 1st year's commission in the following situation:

Agent enrolls 65 year old (brand new to Medicare) into an MA for an April 01 effective. Agent is paid the initial
$200 and then receives the "match" ($200) a few months later since the mb is new to MA and Medicare. When mb receives ANOC, she realizes that
her Plan is leaving the area and she must find another MA plan for a January 1 effective date. The Agent enrolls her into another MA for Jan 01 and gets paid from the new carrier. Does the Agent lose the "match" through chargeback from the first company? Does the second company pay the "match"? Or is the agent expected to forfeit the matching?

Thanks for your assistance.

Has this happened to any of you out there?

I submitted this question to CMS Dallas office. They have given me stone silence.

Please tell me what is supposed to happen to an Agent's 1st year's commission in the following situation:

Agent enrolls 65 year old (brand new to Medicare) into an MA for an April 01 effective. Agent is paid the initial
$200 and then receives the "match" ($200) a few months later since the mb is new to MA and Medicare. When mb receives ANOC, she realizes that
her Plan is leaving the area and she must find another MA plan for a January 1 effective date. The Agent enrolls her into another MA for Jan 01 and gets paid from the new carrier. Does the Agent lose the "match" through chargeback from the first company? Does the second company pay the "match"? Or is the agent expected to forfeit the matching?

Thanks for your assistance.

Has this happened to any of you out there?

You can call it whatever you want, losing the match, etc. You make, {earn}, $33.33/mo. on the new to MA person. That person will have had the plan for 9 months, your earnings are $299.97 for the nine months they were in the plan. If you have already been paid for 12 months, they will charge you back for 3 months.

Now, technically, if you enroll the person in another plan, you should be owed the full 1st year commission for 3 months on the new plan, but, good luck with ever getting it.

Back