Missouri Rx is Up and Running Again

JustinTime

Expert
I confirmed with Jesse a representative at Missouri Rx that they are now accepting new people into the Missouri Rx program once again. Jesse thought that they opened this back up on November 5, 2014. The program is FREE. People who qualify get help on their prescription costs and they also get one SEP per calendar year to enroll into a MAPD or PDP if they choose.

If you would like more information on the Missouri Rx program you can visit Missouri Rx Plan | MO HealthNet Division | Missouri Department of Social Services or see some of the benefits listed below:

• MoRx works with all Medicare Part D plans.
  • MoRx pays for 50% of your out-of-pocket costs on medications that are covered by your Medicare Part D plan. This means you will save 50% on your deductible, 50% on your co-pays, including during the coverage gap and beyond. MoRx does not pay for the Medicare Part D plan's monthly premium.
  • MoRx uses the formulary of the Medicare Part D plan. Any drug covered by a member's Medicare Drug Plan will also be covered by MoRx.
  • Dual eligible members will continue to have coverage for Medicare-excluded drugs through MO HealthNet. Medicare-excluded drugs include specific over-the-counter drugs, vitamins, minerals, limited cough and cold drugs, benzodiazepines and barbiturates.
  • MoRx covers up to a 31-day supply for each prescription.
  • You can use any Missouri pharmacy that works with your Part D plan. (MoRx does not cover mail order services)

Patting my wife on the back. She is the one to discover this and report it to SMS yesterday. Nice discovery that they kept "quiet".

I noticed that the current app on the MO Rx website is the same from at least last year, and possibly two years prior.

Does anyone know if the income limits have changed? If so, what are the current income limits? Asset limits don't apply for MO Rx, correct?

Thanks for helping me provide my clients with the correct info, and thanks for the info about the enrollment being opened again!

We're using our stock of old apps.

I was really surprised that they didn't come out with some sort of means test like LIS.

It's true!

Nothing like a client telling you they live off Soc. Security and can't make ends meet, so they can't afford their meds. However, they don't want to "touch" their $250k in savings, because then it would start disappearing.

You might have already seen this, but the income limits are as follows:

You may qualify for MoRx if you are a Missouri resident; enrolled in a Medicare Part D Plan and single — with an annual gross household income of $21,660 or less or married — with an annual income of $29,140 or less.

Also, there is no asset limit. You can visit the page below for more FAQs.

http://dss.mo.gov/mhd/faq/pages/faqmo_rx.htm

I did see that after I looked on the website, and I was able to answer my own question. I appreciate your follow up!

Back