New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017

Never been captive Todd, upline pays direct on ma and pdps with certain carriers.

Okay, from the way I'm understanding it now, you had to assign your commissions to your upline. If this is the case then I'm afraid your upline is in control.

Interesting....so lets run that through.

1. Solicitor gives notice to present Upline broker.
2. Agent leaves the broker starts writing his own biz.
3. In 6 mths, he gets a release from broker (automatically)

QUESTION: (since the agent won't be released for 6mths), when does the "agent" get paid on his "New Business?"

IE: Perhaps you can give an example of what you are talking about?

THANKS!

Here's a good one ^^

Assuming no advances....how does this work?
Anyone???

Here's a good one ^^

Assuming no advances....how does this work?
Anyone???

If an agent has assigned commissions to the upline, then the upline can make up their own rules as to if/when the agent gets paid. The agent has no real control in this scenario.

Hi Tim,
I don't think there is any good news here for agents that contracted as solicitors. The new rules are pretty specific to "agents". Depending on the integrity of the upline, they could choose to pay all or none of the commissions, and/or renewals. I think that's why forums like this are important. No one wants to sign up under an FMO or NMA that would refuse to pay you as agreed.

There is definitely concern in the marketplace as FMO's and NMA's who refused to release in the past, now try and contact agency's (and in some cases, the downlines of their own SGA's and MGA'S) to try and convince people to stay.

----------

Also, UHC does appear to be protecting agency's that are moving to a new upline. For example, if an MGA with 25 agents requests to move to a new upline, all of the agents in that line will be released after 6 months. UHC's current rules do not allow the FMO/NMA to move agents in the current MGA's downline direct to the FMO/NMA's own downline to try and keep commissions or prevent a move.

In other words, once an upper level agent (GA, MGA, SGA) requests a release for their whole team, All agents on that team are locked and no changes can be made by the FMO/NMA.

It is definitely true. UHC has updated their agent guide and the rule took effect on August 8, 2017. I have already received a confirmed release date.:laugh:

Back