She Loves Me...She Really Loves Me!

Bob_The_Insurance_Guy

Guru
1000 Post Club
Decatur, Ga.
So, I follow up with one of my Medicare Advantage clients, to schedule a meeting with her. She tells me that Piedmont Wellstar has already come by, and she is moving from CIP to PW.

She then goes into how much she appreciates me, and that she will refer anyone she can to me, and thanks me for sending someone out to talk to her. She understands that I am busy this time of year, and is looking forward to seeing me again.

I then admit to her that I did not send the PW rep to her, and that in order to continue me being the Agent of Record, we need to meet, fill out another enrollment form, with me as the agent. She then tells me how sorry she is, and she did not realize that happened, and that tomorrow morning would work for her.

I told her not to feel bad, that it was my fault not following up in a timely manner, and that I appreciate her doing this for me.

She then says that she won't meet with anyone else after we complete the enrollment form tomorrow, and that she is glad that I called when I did, and not to worry about not following up sooner.

This taught me a lesson. No matter how long you are in business, there are people that can and will take your clients. From now on, I will make sure I keep in contact throughout the year - better - with her.

Bottom line is, she still wants me as her agent. That makes me feel good.

Filling out another form for P/W will not make you the agent of record, because it is the same plan. So the first agent gets it.

Am I wrong?

So, what you are saying is, I'm screwed.

If I am, it's my fault.

Can she call PW and explain that she wants me as the AOR?

She screwed me. Heard back from Gabriel Liranzo. The original agent remains the AOR. Going to call her, and see if she is open to another plan with another company. She is still my client for another few months, and I have a signed Generic SOA.

If not, it will be a lesson learned.

Last edited:

If I am, it's my fault.

She screwed me. Heard back from Gabriel Liranzo. The original agent remains the AOR. Going to call her, and see if she is open to another plan with another company. She is still my client for another few months, and I have a signed Generic SOA.

I suppose you could get her to cancel the PW enrollment. And once that's been processed, re-write it.

If I am, it's my fault.

Leaves this one alone.:skeptical::twitchy::twitchy:

Back