Wellcare PDP

insuranceconceptscindy

Guru
100+ Post Club
Las Vegas
Can someone clarify the process for me:

According to Wellcare's training, we have to do a verbal scope on their AVL, do the app online and then do a verbal confirmation of intent to enroll on another line. (All that for $28, but I digress. . . )

I guess Wellcare doesn't feel like calling their members to verify anymore.

Now that CMS is not requiring the outbound verification, or inbound call in Wellcare's case, is Wellcare still making us do this?

Having to make ONE confusing phone call is bad enough, to do TWO is too much.

I did reach out to their producer support, but I don't expect to ever hear back.

***I spoke to Wellcare, after being on hold for half an hour, that second call is only for MAPD clients. No need to do an inbound verification for your PDP's. I'm going to use my PURL from now on. . .***

Last edited:
Just have the client use your agent PURL. Then nothing is needed.
I did that AVL nonsense 1 time. Called my regional WC contact and told her that if there was not another way to do this I am done with their product. She told me about PURL. It's been great. If only their enrollment department was as good at understanding special enrollment periods.

I either use the PURL or call the AVL line and do the verbal scope and then the online agent assisted app. I've never done the PAV (after the sale call). Been paid all the time and never questioned. Very easy

I was doing the cert for Wellcare and after reading about the AVL and a paper SOA for $28 I just exited out. What is a PURL?

I was doing the cert for Wellcare and after reading about the AVL and a paper SOA for $28 I just exited out. What is a PURL?

PURL is a personal URL for WellCare. It's a website with your agent info and allows a person to complete an enrollment online and you are the agent of record.

Got an email from them today. The headline:

Time is flying by! There are only 11 days left until Open Enrollment Period!

Obviously a mistaken reference to the 10/1 start of the 2015 marketing season. But not the kind of mistake they'd give you a pass on if you missed it on a certification exam.

Last edited:
How do you use the PURL?
I see my clients in my office and do the paperwork in front of them. Do you email it to them and then have them sign into their email to complete it in front of you? Or do you send it and hope they do it later? Do you send it to yourself and fill it out with the client?
I'm all about ease and convenience. . .

Back