What the Heck?

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
I sent a Medicare referral to a friend. I do this quite often. Keep threatening to get in that market, but until then . . .

He sent me an email saying he can no longer call folks looking for MA or PDP coverage. They have to call him.

WTF?

I sent a Medicare referral to a friend. I do this quite often. Keep threatening to get in that market, but until then . . .

He sent me an email saying he can no longer call folks looking for MA or PDP coverage. They have to call him.

WTF?

Maybe he didn't pay his Sprint bill and can only receive calls.

Don't think so. He steals phone, cable and electricity from his neighbor's double wide.

That's the rules. If they are interested in PDP or MA coverage and he makes an uninvited call he is in violation. Call the referral and explain that due to Medicare guidlines and rules protecting them that they must as least call and leave a message that he is permitted to call them about insurance.

If it is Medicare Supplements... ignore what I said.

WTF?

Yeah, that's the way this business works now. In theory you could have the referral sign a Scope of Appointment form and give that to him, but that and a bunch of other reasons are pushing agents out of the business.

WTF?

He is right. For MA and/or PDP, he cannot call them even with permission given to you. You can give him their address and he can mail to them or they can call him. He will still have to get a scope of appointment, {SOA}, letter signed by the prospects in any case.

^This is how it's supposed to work. It's not working like that. I meet with 12 to 15 seniors every week about FE and while I'm not doing MA anymore, they want to talk to me about it. Many have already signed up with someone and they don't have a clue as to what they have enrolled in. I ask about the SOA and not a single one has known what I'm talking about. Even had one lady last week tell me about an agent door knocking in the neighborhood for PDP. She gave me his card and I turned his ass in.

I'm reffering all my MA business out to a guy that is a stickler for the rules. He will mail them an SOA if they don't want to call him. He is losing about half of the business that I send him because of following the rules. Someone else is getting to the people before he can get the mail to them and returned.

The idiots at CMS wouldn't listen when we tried to tell them that the only people they would hurt with these stupid rules were the honest agents. The ones breaking the rules in the first place don't give a damn about new rules.

I've been calling my Wellcare and Advantra clients that are losing their coverage to to see if they have done anything and if they need help with getting in touch with an agent, {I am allowed to call my own clients}. I have not spoken to a single one that has not already been cold called by another agent, mostly Humana, but, others are guilty as well.

It is a totally f'ed up system. Your friend is one of the honest guys.

Even had one lady last week tell me about an agent door knocking in the neighborhood for PDP. She gave me his card and I turned his ass in.

You turned someone in off pure hearsay. What if that lady said the same thing about you and I turned you in?

For all you know this agent could have been playing by the rules and he is just trying to make a living to take care of his family and feed his kids and now you've put him through an administrative nightmare during the worst economic recession since the great depression, off of what one old lady told you?

I hope his kids don't starve because of hearsay. Tuff guy.

He is right. For MA and/or PDP, he cannot call them even with permission given to you. You can give him their address and he can mail to them or they can call him. He will still have to get a scope of appointment, {SOA}, letter signed by the prospects in any case.

^This is how it's supposed to work. It's not working like that. I meet with 12 to 15 seniors every week about FE and while I'm not doing MA anymore, they want to talk to me about it. Many have already signed up with someone and they don't have a clue as to what they have enrolled in. I ask about the SOA and not a single one has known what I'm talking about. Even had one lady last week tell me about an agent door knocking in the neighborhood for PDP. She gave me his card and I turned his ass in.

I'm reffering all my MA business out to a guy that is a stickler for the rules. He will mail them an SOA if they don't want to call him. He is losing about half of the business that I send him because of following the rules. Someone else is getting to the people before he can get the mail to them and returned.

The idiots at CMS wouldn't listen when we tried to tell them that the only people they would hurt with these stupid rules were the honest agents. The ones breaking the rules in the first place don't give a damn about new rules.

I've been calling my Wellcare and Advantra clients that are losing their coverage to to see if they have done anything and if they need help with getting in touch with an agent, {I am allowed to call my own clients}. I have not spoken to a single one that has not already been cold called by another agent, mostly Humana, but, others are guilty as well.

It is a totally f'ed up system. Your friend is one of the honest guys.

The same thing happened to me twice in the last two days.

It is not a level playing field if we follow the rules and those scumbags thumb their noses at them. Problem is, when I turned in one today, I got an email back basically defending them... they provide a high level of production, and the carrier doesn't want to lose that. Same-o, same-o.

Reading the reply posted just after yours appears to be from someone I am suspicious of being another one skirting the rules to his own benefit. People need to return to the respect for honor. "I will not lie, cheat, nor steal, or tolerate anyone else who does...."

It's all about "hearsay"

Hey retread I heard you were "skirting" the rules yourself. Therefore, I feel obligated and will turn your "ass" in. I am very "suspicious" of you.

Don't you see how reckless and absurd that sounds?

Bottom line:
If some old lady told me someone came a knockin' on the door selling PDP's, the agent is the last thing I'm worried about. I'm more concerned with helping clients, taking applications, getting referrals. You spend your time taddel telling off of "he said she said" BS. "awwww he knocked on your door, he's not supposed to, I'm tellingggggggggggg"

I guess that's the difference between me and you. PRODUCTION. I don't worry about other agents when it comes to hearsay. I'm busy WORKING. I can't control what other agents do, I don't have the proof or the time.

You tell me, what produces the most good?
1) Helping people with their insurance needs and answering their questions or
2) Taddel Telling over some hearsay BS

There is only so much time in the day. You can spend 10min calling the DOI snitching off of hearsay or you can spend 10mins looking for someone to help. Its your life.

Back